The little fruit on top of bath bombs.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lu F.

Reaction score
Hi There,
I was hoping someone here might be able to help me. I saw some really cute bath bombs that had little watermelon slices on. It looked like polymer clay so I’m thinking it might be fondant. Does anybody have any ideas about what it could be made of? Thank you!
-Lucinda

Is this something you saw in person, or was it on a website? If it was online, can you post a link? The ingredients should give us a clue.

I agree that without a recipe and picture, it’s hard to guess. My first thought was melt and pour embeds. My second thought is soap dough. Some folks even put small plastic toys in their bath bombs. But I don’t think anyone would want sticky fondant dissolving in their bath water.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for your responses! I saw the bath bombs at Hallmark, but I don’t have a pic. I found a similar bath bomb on the internet and I am attaching the photo. It was just like this watermelon slice, but the colors were really vivid. I couldn’t read the Ingredients because the writing was so small! They were pretty fancy though. And the watermelon slice had a green rind and a little green piece in between the rind and fruit and the watermelon was a really red color. Sorry I don’t have any more info! I appreciate all your help :)! Thank you!

Attachments

• 244EE758-FED2-4F38-8F19-F189FB5A790C.jpeg
    244EE758-FED2-4F38-8F19-F189FB5A790C.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 17
I never heard of embeds before but now that I’ve looked them up, I think it’s likely the watermelon was an embed. Thank you for steering me in the right direction!

Hi, thanks for your responses! I saw the bath bombs at Hallmark, but I don’t have a pic. I found a similar bath bomb on the internet and I am attaching the photo. It was just like this watermelon slice, but the colors were really vivid. I couldn’t read the Ingredients because the writing was so small! They were pretty fancy though. And the watermelon slice had a green rind and a little green piece in between the rind and fruit and the watermelon was a really red color. Sorry I don’t have any more info! I appreciate all your help :)! Thank you!
Where did you find that picture? Can you give us a link to the page so we can see the ingredients?

Thank you everybody! You all just opened up a whole new world to me :) . I had no idea about any of that stuff. I am off to check out the Facebook group. I will send an update with the results. :)
:)

Latest posts

Back