The joy of soap mold lining...NOT!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a whole new life! Lovely wife, mother of ... is dancing around the house happily shouting I'M FREE, I'M FREE!! :dance: As for me I cannot thank you enough for posting the video. Simple, to the point, outstanding. ThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyou! :winner:

IMG_2174.JPG

It's a whole new life! Lovely wife, mother of ... is dancing around the house happily shouting I'M FREE, I'M FREE!! :dance: As for me I cannot thank you enough for posting the video. Simple, to the point, outstanding. ThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyou! :winner:

View attachment 34858
LOL... you, and your lovely wife, are very welcome. Glad I could be of assistance.

I am fine with freezer paper too. Only thing different that I add is craft foam at the ends of the log mold and I use a bit of shortening (crisco) to make the wooden sides of the mold hold the paper better. Using the craft mold means I only have one sheet of paper, 22" long to cut. I place the foam at both ends, insert the paper, smooth flat on the bottom, crease at the corners and up at the top. The shortening keeps it from coming away from the sides of the molds. If there's a bit of space between the craft mold and the paper I don't worry about it. The soap mixture will fill it in. Easy Peasy..

Thank you! I have been doing the “other YouTube “ way and cutting the other side. This makes more sense. I’m off to make to make my template! ( also a time saver as I am not puttin the paper in and out multiple times)

Oh thou, so blessed with talent and the manual dexterity of a late teen video gamer, I suffer the sin of envy. :(
I have watched so many videos with so many "easiest soap mold lining technique EVER" that I want to scream. The bread bags work but are of limited size but I'm tempted to try paper again. Perhaps the 478th time will be a charm and lead to lining perfection. Hope reigns eternal! :)

I have faith in you, Dennis! :D

Craft foam? Are you comfortable sharing what type? Seems like a huge process improvement.
I didn't buy this brand but here's an example of what I mean when I say craft foam https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004LOHW6G/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 I bought a big wide role originally because I wanted to only use the foam to line my molds (and you can) by cutting out each piece and adhering it to the wooden sides with Crisco. Using the foam will decrease the size of your bars by a little bit which is why I switched to just using it on the ends of my log molds.

I agree with others, the wrinkles would drive me nuts. I mostly use my silicone molds and never have to worry about it, however when I have to line, I have a template for all my wooden molds and it literally takes me less than 30 seconds to peel, cut, fold and line my molds with my freezer paper.
where do you get your freezer paper i was at a wholesale place but the paper was the red stuff ,is this the same to use or is the white freezer paper better.

I remember not being able to fold the paper...

Gentleman Jim was my tutor...

Is that Gentleman Jim the tailor on YouTube or is there someone on here with the username of Gentleman Jim?

I didn't buy this brand but here's an example of what I mean when I say craft foam https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004LOHW6G/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 I bought a big wide role originally because I wanted to only use the foam to line my molds (and you can) by cutting out each piece and adhering it to the wooden sides with Crisco. Using the foam will decrease the size of your bars by a little bit which is why I switched to just using it on the ends of my log molds.

I am a bit confused, but that is not hard, are you saying you don't use any paper, just the foam or are you using foam and then paper? Could you post a photo or something as my head is just not getting it.

where do you get your freezer paper i was at a wholesale place but the paper was the red stuff ,is this the same to use or is the white freezer paper better.
I've never seen the red freezer (or butcher) paper here. I can find freezer paper at all my local grocery stores and the only kind I see here is the brown (kraft) paper. I would think that, as long as it has one shiny side, it will be fine.

I get mine at the grocery store. I use the white kind that has a shiny surface on one side and matte surface on the other. I've never seen "red" freezer paper, so have no idea if it would work. Butcher paper would also work. (it's basically the same thing) Don't use wax paper as the wax melts and sticks to the soap.

Back