The joy of soap mold lining...NOT!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The acrylic gets eaten up (fairly slowly) by the alkali, so after the first go it has tiny little pit holes and microscopic crevices ... all the better to catch your soap with ;)
(Eventually acrylic gets cloudy, so the caustic damage becomes obvious over time)

Awesome video @Misschief! :)
Thank you... both for the explanation and the compliment.

I looked at that as a project but decided against it. My new project is to perfect the custom bread bag liner to be creaseless. I have a few ideas and the bread bags are plentiful. The only ugly creases were on the end but I must pursue perfection to win over those with crease sensitivity.
So you've never lined a mold with parchment paper? Watch the videos, listen to the advice, and go for it. You may be a pro right off the bat. You could also find yourself in that deep dark pain cave, growling and drooling like a rabid dog. It happens sometimes; I've read about it. :(:D

Last edited:
Interestingly, I enjoy lining my molds with freezer paper. It's a little like origami and feels SO satisfying when it fits just right.
I like the origami aspect too. I have found if the freezer paper doesn't get too much spilled on it, edges and down the outside, it can be used for multiple batches. I think my best is three batches so far.

I like the origami aspect too. I have found if the freezer paper doesn't get too much spilled on it, edges and down the outside, it can be used for multiple batches. I think my best is three batches so far.
Me, too. In fact even a bit of spill is easy to clean off. If still wet, obviously with a cloth or paper towel. If dry, by gently scraping it off with a silicone spatula.

Back