The intricate ish embed for the win!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanooo48

Reaction score
FE1C491D-6702-4F17-9818-063A3A7B7B3F.jpeg
89217D92-FE5B-40FF-AA0B-80682068433E.jpeg
Yayyy! Lol Cactus and Aloe Water

I tried making what would look like a little cactus heart topped with a cactus flower on top for the embed. I think it came out pretty good! Was my first time doing diagonal layers too so I really put myself to the challenge on this one! Smells good too so win win! :D It’s too bad we can’t share videos on here. I been having so much fun making these cutting videos! Lol!

Thank you!!!! =))) I actually had anxiety to cut this after how I plopped the embed in. The flower portion wasn’t attatched so I was nervous about air bubbles but nothin! Happy dance lol

Oops I totally tried to reply to you but forgot to click reply sorry haha.

LOL! No worries Nanooo. Now I'm even more impressed knowing the flower top wasn't connected to the heart embed. Very clever of you! I think what draws my eye most is the dark green and pink contrast with dark green embed in the lighter pink. Very striking!

It’s so cute and I love the little prickly detail you did on the top.
Thank you so much! That was such a last minute decision too haha I attempted a mini swirl in between the two colors but it got too thick to play so I poked LOL!

LOL! No worries Nanooo. Now I'm even more impressed knowing the flower top wasn't connected to the heart embed. Very clever of you! I think what draws my eye most is the dark green and pink contrast with dark green embed in the lighter pink. Very striking!
Thank you SO much! Aww wow really made me smile after a rough day. Thank you for that! ❤️

Thank you so much! That was such a last minute decision too haha I attempted a mini swirl in between the two colors but it got too thick to play so I poked LOL!
Looks great.. Ties the whole thing together in my opinion. Good job!

A Very cute soap--I love the prickly top, perfect colors too...real cactus and tuna colors! A tuna is what prickly pear cactus fruit is called, I believe.

Well holy smokes, @Nanette. I've lived in AZ for 40 years surrounded by prickly pear and have NEVER heard anyone refer to the fruit as tuna. Learn something new everyday! People in my area just call them cactus apples. I can see the jelly and jam shelves now "Get your local Tuna Jelly here!":rolling:

Strange but true...all the things we dont know...scary sometimes. I speak for myself, not trying to be snarky at all.

The word 'tuna' is Spanish for the fruit of a plant. That's why it's used to describe the fruit of the prickly pear cactus [Opuntia spp]. The word for 'tuna fish' in Spanish is 'atun'. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Back