The inspiration that came from SMF

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elena 64

Reaction score
After peeking for a while, I signed up for this Forum and have read / learned a lot; it took me a few more days before introducing myself and today i want to share with you my last adventure:
I decided to make a batch of lard soap based on one of Susie's recipes with 65% Lard, 15% OO, 15% CO, 5% Castor Oil, with SF 9%.
I bought the lard and rendered it over low heat and filtered (no piggy stink), I had never done that, I learned here.
The oils and the lye were in pots at a temperature that could be withheld by the touch of the hands and when I united them I hoped it would take a long time to crawl with slow bursts with the SB but to my surprise it was fast, maybe 5 minutes.
Feeling confident, I decided to perfume with a type of fragrance oil that was left over from an MP I had made and I saw in practice the formation of the famous soap on a stick!Yes, thanks to SMF, I recognized it!
I quickly put it in the mold, covered it with a film, wrapped it in the covers and watched my baby every 15, 20 minutes. The batch came in complete gel and I finished cutting it after 16 hours.
Loved it!
Now comes the most difficult: wait!
Thank you!!!
Sorry for any grammatical errors; it is not my native language.

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "KiwiMoose, post: 811323, membro: 29640"] Obrigada :)
Seu inglês é muito bom! Eu amo o jeito que você 'uniu' os óleos e a soda cáustica - eu sabia o que você queria dizer e é um uso muito poético da linguagem. [/ CITAÇÕES]
Hahaha, @KiwiMoose, você é muito gentil e fico feliz que você tenha me entendido. Abraços!
:)

Back