The Guy At The End Of The Bar...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, this just went into a totally new direction. I am lmfao!
Our gal at the end of the bar likes to get into the shower when I get out of the shower (nope, no photo documentation here, nope nope nope!! nothing to un-see here!).

This would be hilarious if there was at least some shred of evidence, I mean, even just a YouTube video… Funny story Zing, I believe you 😆🤣😉

The guy at the end of the bar isn’t having as much fun as we are 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• 1878EF0C-31FB-4247-AE0E-E20F8E95629D.jpeg
    1878EF0C-31FB-4247-AE0E-E20F8E95629D.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 41
Yes, we blow dry wet cats! Low heat, of course, but we guarantee that your cat will be twice as feisty! GUARANTEED!!! If your cat isn’t feisty enough we’ll rectify it PRONTO! Pre/Post photos available…

Attachments

• 76634017-599B-41B7-B258-1A52A9CEE424.jpeg
    76634017-599B-41B7-B258-1A52A9CEE424.jpeg
    220.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 4D9F5EE3-06BA-4711-ACD0-B3DA309D8FE4.jpeg
    4D9F5EE3-06BA-4711-ACD0-B3DA309D8FE4.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 25
  • B3DEEC62-2B46-418E-BBBD-35EB8B5EC6E6.jpeg
    B3DEEC62-2B46-418E-BBBD-35EB8B5EC6E6.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I am terribly petrified of spiders, so imagine my dismay at the gal at the end of the bar that just sat there gleefully preening herself as I had to hunt down a large eight-legged creepy crawler on crack.

I guess I am kinda glad she didn't get up off the chair since I didn't know what kind of spider it was. The porch is very dimly lit, it could have been a brown recluse. But I am still annoyed that she didn't even bat a whisker at it LOL.

I have never seen a spider run so fast. It kept darting around and running for shadows. It was CRAZY!! And it was big! Rest assured, it is dead. I'm not going to sleep well tonight nonetheless.

I broke a lease and moved out of an apartment in Philly once because of spiders LOL. I kept calling management over them and they did nothing. I used to knock on my neighbor across the hall door to have her husband come over and kill them for me (I am really that afraid of spiders). One time I trapped one in an overturned glass. I sprayed wd-40 in it with the little straw and it still didn't die LOL. By the time he got there, it had a long hairy arm stuck out of the bottom and wrapped up around the outside of the glass. He's like "sorry chicka, you gotta find someone else for THIS one". The same day I had a friend coming over to fix my car. He says "awww, I gotta kill a itty bitty spider for you". Ok, so it took the two of us to kill the darned thing: me to lift the glass with my mechanic friend on the ready with a sneaker to kill it LOL. We were both terrified of it. I was in a new apartment in two weeks.

Be proud...I actually killed this one tonight LOL. All by myself LOL.

*shudder*

I also can't stand spiders, but luckily none of the spiders here are dangerous and all the gals in the bar enjoy snacking on them, so we're not excessively troubled. I couldn't imagine living somewhere that has spiders that bite!

Edit: the gal at the end of the bar just sat down next to me and decided I'm not allowed touch her with my left hand :rolleyes:
Right hand - yep that's good, purr purr. Left hand - imma slap this! 🤣

Last edited:
*shudder*

I also can't stand spiders, but luckily none of the spiders here are dangerous and all the gals in the bar enjoy snacking on them, so we're not excessively troubled. I couldn't imagine living somewhere that has spiders that bite!

Edit: the gal at the end of the bar just sat down next to me and decided I'm not allowed touch her with my left hand :rolleyes:
Right hand - yep that's good, purr purr. Left hand - imma slap this! 🤣
Kinda like “exactly two scraches on my upturned belly or i will kill you”

I have nothing against spiders (at least nothing that helps). Spider webs that caught dust are meh, but all in all I see the eight-legged as allies against the six-legged beasts that really do annoy me. That said, the specimens around here are by far not as scary as those in a tropical climate.

The Gal at the End of the Bar got soaked. I told her the lightening and thunder meant she'd get soaked if she insisted on gallivanting, but did she listen? I brought her in, she ate, and insisted on going back out. I even sat outside with her for a few minutes as the thunder rolled, but when the big drops started, I came back inside; she didn't. She took off to explore or whatever.

At one point, while rescuing cushions, throw pillows & throw rugs from the downpour on the Catio, I spied her dashing for shelter under the neighbor's portico. Repeatedly I called to her, but she was not inclined to make a dash back through the deluge. Some time later when the sky stopped flooding the neighborhood, she was pacing the ledge along her porch, cat-calling for attention. I had to get my garden shoes & go get her because she wasn't willing to hop down into the wet grass and come inside on her own.

Her outdoor obsession is really quite funny at times. Lately (the past couple of weeks, I guess), the Gal at the End of the Bar has taken to ringing the doorbell and running off! The gall of that Gal! Is she trying to get back at me for cutting her off at Closing Time? (Closing Time is when it gets really dark out and I cut off her access to the doorbell that she uses to let me know she wants to exit the front door and go outside.) So now she goes to the other door (that leads to Catio - screened-in porch) and rings it, then turns and heads elsewhere (often not to another exit, but just elsewhere.) Is it just to show her displeasure that I won't let her out in the middle of the night? Or is there some other message? I think it is the former. Or maybe she just likes seeing me at her beck and call. 🐱

The gal at the end of the bar got a new hairbrush today and thoroughly enjoyed being pampered!

16281106678381862495032896277636.jpg

The gal at the end of the bar got a new hairbrush today and thoroughly enjoyed being pampered!

View attachment 59842

That looks like our guy! What brush does he like; we've tried so many but all are uncomfortable because his fur is so sleek and thin.

The guy at the end off the bar.....is having a hissy fit over his healthy dinner and climbed inside the recliner chair to pout!

What brush does he like; we've tried so many but all are uncomfortable because his fur is so sleek and thin.
This is the new one: Double Sided Soft Brush 13cm | Pet Experts based in Ireland

Normally we use a soft nylon one which she loves, but it doesn't do a great job on the undercoat. This new one seems just right; I was a bit uncertain about the metal side because her coat isn't very thick, but I just used it very gently and she got all blissed out 🤣

The gal at the end of the bar is looking out into Her Dark Domain (the back yard) watching for nocturnal invaders so she may slay them in a manner Most Foul. Alas, not one will open The Portal to All She Surveys (sliding glass door) for her to end The Travesty of the Invasion of The Others (feral cats that are part of our city's Catch Neuter Release program, also the family of opossums). She is Most Vocal regarding her displeasure of this Foul Circumstance! Thank goodness our bedroom is on the other side of the house, and so only her mother (my daughter) hears!

The gal at the end of the bar has an extremely persistent suitor. No amount of hissing at him or attempted slaps or scratch attempts will deter his constant pursuit. He even has tried ingratiating himself to those whom she loves, first sidling up to the man of the house for several days and later to me. He made us sympathetic and friendly toward him because he is so friendly & affectionate. He's also quite handsome, as well as pretty darned big. As guys at the end of the bar go, he's a hunk! His name is Ozzy and he lives only 2 doors down around the corner from the bar.

Ozzy has tried in the past to make friends with the gal at the end of the bar, but she has always rebuffed him. Up until about a month ago, he seemed to accept that. Maybe he had another gal or some buddies to hang with, but now he seems to only care for Ms Kitty Baby, wooing her at all hours, stalking her everywhere she goes, trying to get into the Catio when she is there, lounging on the front steps when she's out front, drinking her water. It never ends.

The worst part is that he broke into our house by tearing the screen loose on our brand new screen door to the Catio. And he's done it twice, even though the bar owner repaired the screen. I saw him do it the second time. So a grating was put up, but Ozzy won't take no for an answer and tore the screen again, even though the grating won't let him through. Now he has torn the screen 4 times trying to get in. Next up is a plexiglass window covering so he can't reach the screen, but I fear it's going to require coverings on all over our screens once he realizes he can't get in through that one.

Earlier I looked out the window and he was following her as she was trying to get away from him, so I geared up to go rescue her and she came running, turning back toward him once to pat at him with her claws bared and her hair raised in attack mode. He kept on coming. I picker her up, securely in the safety of the bar behind closed doors & went back to sit on the steps to have a heart-to-heart with Ozzy, the Silver Stalker. Yeah he's got a silver coat; he's quite the flashy dude. As soon as he sidled up to me for a cuddle, I grabbed him up, held him securely and marched him home to his Lady. Now, it had occurred to me that maybe things weren't well at home and perhaps he was out cattin' around and looking for a new home because there was an illness or other change at home that made him feel abandoned or unwelcome. No illness apparently, but he sure tried to get away as I neared the house. He really didn't want to go home, but his Lady took him in and apologized for his behavior. Apparently Ozzy is notorious for his screen damage as I saw the evidence on their screen door as well.

Oh well, he's home now for a little while at least and the gal at the end of the bar is once again peacefully ensconced on her usual stool (throne). After having a nice snack she's now dozing.

The gal at the end of the bar has an extremely persistent suitor. No amount of hissing at him or attempted slaps or scratch attempts will deter his constant pursuit. He even has tried ingratiating himself to those whom she loves, first sidling up to the man of the house for several days and later to me. He made us sympathetic and friendly toward him because he is so friendly & affectionate. He's also quite handsome, as well as pretty darned big. As guys at the end of the bar go, he's a hunk! His name is Ozzy and he lives only 2 doors down around the corner from the bar.

Ozzy has tried in the past to make friends with the gal at the end of the bar, but she has always rebuffed him. Up until about a month ago, he seemed to accept that. Maybe he had another gal or some buddies to hang with, but now he seems to only care for Ms Kitty Baby, wooing her at all hours, stalking her everywhere she goes, trying to get into the Catio when she is there, lounging on the front steps when she's out front, drinking her water. It never ends.

The worst part is that he broke into our house by tearing the screen loose on our brand new screen door to the Catio. And he's done it twice, even though the bar owner repaired the screen. I saw him do it the second time. So a grating was put up, but Ozzy won't take no for an answer and tore the screen again, even though the grating won't let him through. Now he has torn the screen 4 times trying to get in. Next up is a plexiglass window covering so he can't reach the screen, but I fear it's going to require coverings on all over our screens once he realizes he can't get in through that one.

Earlier I looked out the window and he was following her as she was trying to get away from him, so I geared up to go rescue her and she came running, turning back toward him once to pat at him with her claws bared and her hair raised in attack mode. He kept on coming. I picker her up, securely in the safety of the bar behind closed doors & went back to sit on the steps to have a heart-to-heart with Ozzy, the Silver Stalker. Yeah he's got a silver coat; he's quite the flashy dude. As soon as he sidled up to me for a cuddle, I grabbed him up, held him securely and marched him home to his Lady. Now, it had occurred to me that maybe things weren't well at home and perhaps he was out cattin' around and looking for a new home because there was an illness or other change at home that made him feel abandoned or unwelcome. No illness apparently, but he sure tried to get away as I neared the house. He really didn't want to go home, but his Lady took him in and apologized for his behavior. Apparently Ozzy is notorious for his screen damage as I saw the evidence on their screen door as well.

Oh well, he's home now for a little while at least and the gal at the end of the bar is once again peacefully ensconced on her usual stool (throne). After having a nice snack she's now dozing.
That's a lot going on in your bar! 🤣

Our local bar is much quieter, although one of the gals met a chicken and was very confused as to why it was on my lap being hand-fed!

Aaawww, this thread makes me wish I had a dog again...😞

The closest thing here are the occasional spider that sometimes comes through the front door. It doesn`t even care that two giant feet are standing right there. All I get is a snort, and a tiny voice saying: "do you call that big? Pffff...." And off it goes, like it is owning the place.

I am one of those that never kills a spider (or bugs in general), instead I scoop them up, carry them out the door.
And with the voice of Apu from the Simpsons I bid them farewell with a gentle "Thank you, come again..."
Because I know they will, those sneaky things! 🕷🕸

Latest posts

Back