The Guy At The End Of The Bar...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The gal at the end of the bar got so fed up with the Hunk at the other end of the bar stalking and harassing her, that she beat him up today. He is easily twice her size, but that gal's got the moves! Hair was flying all over the place in clumps. I think she took a hunk out of him. And he still wouldn't leave! The Bar Owner and the Bartender both told him quite harshly to GET OUT of here. We turned out the lights & locked the doors, but he merely retreated to wait under a bush a few feet beyond the door. Even after spraying down the steps to the door with Vinegar, he just stuck out there waiting for her to come back out. She had to spend the night inside the bar just to get a little peace.

The gal is fine, no tender spots and not a scratch on her, but she was pretty darned irritated that he is cramping her style so much and that she's the one who had to be sequestered inside with so much daylight left, instead of him having to go to jail. Life is so unfair!

The gal at the end of the bar does not realize that she can destroy the blinds if she wants to. She just sits there motionless and barks between the blind slats, while exerting zero energy.

9837A9BA-5C6D-409C-AC5D-F762EE755309.jpeg

The guy at the end of the bar....has to have all of his teeth removed!

But what an incredibly lucky cat he is! We fostered him all during the pandemic; he was a 5 month old trap and neuter feral who was about to be returned to the feral colony. But an observant woman saw signs of socialization in him, and sent him to us after we just finished fostering a mom and kittens. He adapted so well, and was our young teenager's solace during the lockdown. He hates being held, but knows when she needs him and tolerates it.

He would have died a long, painful slow death due to stomatitis, auto-immune tooth resorption, and yet another gum disease from fleas (cat scratch fever). Antibiotics cured the cat scratch, and the stomatitis is early stage enough so it's likely after all teeth are removed he won't need any life-long prednisone.

In California we have fleas all year around. And I now have reservations about feeding feral since they don't receive flea meds. The feline dentist says 90% of the rescue cats (mostly abandoned or feral) cats he sees have these serious gum issues...and they'll live in pain.

The gal at the end of the bar just got insulted that I turned on the light in the living room. Her human (my child) is working nights right now, so the gal at the end of the bar comes out into the living room to sleep while waiting for "the human that feeds". However, she prefers total darkness for that, and objects every step she takes toward her room. She has quite the vocabulary for a properly raised gal. And can almost speak human. "Mrow, now, rrowrr, rowr, rrrroooom, mrown, row...." as she stalks into the room with the bed. Her every step is accompanied by a word. And if she gets fussed at for demanding to go outside when "the human that feeds" is not home, then she stalks off cursing our very existence. However, we have the weapon of mass destruction on our side...the mighty can of air!

Our gal at the end of the bar, never once rang the door bell to go out this morning & we've been up since sometime after 4am. She wandered in that restless way that she has, but ventured only as far as to sit by the different doors. For a bit she sat peering out at the dog and his person across the street, as well as sniffing at the screens on the Catio, but if she truly wanted out, she would have rung the bell. So she remains sequestered apparently of her own volition.

She had a long cool drink, the most I've ever seen her drink at one sitting even in the height of summer, snacked on some treats and toddle off to take a nap, after which I went out and purchased a new hose nozzle so I can menacingly & forcefully direct water at the stalker the next time I see him. Everyone here at the bar has had enough of this bully.

The guy at the end of the bar has more energy than when I babysat him. He was like a 2 year old with Mountain Dew. He is now a 2 year old with cocaine. He is supposed to be a 2 year old spring(er spaniel). He’s seriously more spring than dog

The guy at the end of the bar has more energy than when I babysat him. He was like a 2 year old with Mountain Dew. He is now a 2 year old with cocaine. He is supposed to be a 2 year old spring(er spaniel). He’s seriously more spring than dog

I had a springer spaniel. She was more spring than dog until just past her 2nd birthday. Then she became a lap dog that we had to go throw the ball/stick/whatever was handy for hours a day to exercise so she wouldn't get fat.

The guy at the end of the bar is a tea-drinker!
I see him, sometimes, sitting on the table, slurping up MY tea.
He gets frustrated when I leave the tea-strainer in, and has taken to tossing it to the floor before he drinks :eek:

My gal at the end of the bar has also sipped my tea, but caffeine is bad for Kitty Babies, so I don't let her have any.

She has found a new favorite spot to view the world from when visiting granddaughter, son & DIL. My son converted their one-car garage into an office and he put a big window where the garage door used to be, so she has a view of a lot more of the neighborhood from that windowsill.

So she has a new bar to hang out in, called the 'Garage Bar & Grill'

1660394128703.png

Last edited:
My gal at the end of the bar has also sipped my tea, but caffeine is bad for Kitty Babies, so I don't let her have any.
Thank you for your concern for the fur baby Earlene 🥰

I also react to caffeine, so the tea at the end of the day (when he wants some) is probably nothing more than lightly flavoured water 😅

(I use one tea scoop, in my tea-strainer with a handle, for the whole day)

Thank you for your concern for the fur baby Earlene 🥰

I also react to caffeine, so the tea at the end of the day (when he wants some) is probably nothing more than lightly flavoured water 😅

(I use one tea scoop, in my tea-strainer with a handle, for the whole day)
I edited my post to correct a misspelled word & added the photo I had wanted to include, but was having transfer issues at the time.

Kudos on keeping your caffeine consumption so low! 🤗

I have tried over the years, and my most successful result was being able to eliminate coffee from my diet, but I still need my caffeine in the mornings, and my morning tea usually packs a wallop.

I do miss my gal at the end of the bar, though. We've been apart for 3 weeks now & will be re-united tomorrow night, so that's good. I hope she doesn't give me the cold shoulder too badly!

The guy at the endo of the bar is racing across open green fields with the wind in his fur chasing rabbits...no he is not. He is old and arthritic and fast asleep on the rug. But I know he is doing this in his dreams because his legs are flapping, and he is making soft "woof woof" sounds. He has never caught anything in his life, but maybe he does in his dreams.

ETA I love him so much it will break my heart when he goes to Heaven.

Last edited:
Back