The Gentle Castile with a foamy twist

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunibee

Reaction score
THE GENTLE CASTILE WITH A FOAMY TWIST

My 100% olive Castile soap. Diluted with Shikakai, reetha and amla water .. From tip to toe..

Shikakai, a natural surfactant is excellent to treat skin ailments .
It is antifungal and anti-microbial.
It's wonderful for hair and scalp

Reetha (soapnuts)
The moisturizing property of Reetha, keeps the skin hydrated and prevents the excessive drying of the skin, which further helps make the skin look radiant. Reetha fruit has powerful anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, which help treat skin disorders such as psoriasis, acne, and eczema.

Amla
Very common in India is very high in Vitamin C .. Regular consumption of amla juice boosts vitamin C levels and helps increase the production of collagen level in your skin. This will make your skin look soft and youthful.
Has anyone tried with other natural additives ?

Attachments

• IMG_20220125_073228~2.jpg
    IMG_20220125_073228~2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 8
Is everyone's Castile soap a little gooey or is it just mine ?
No. Definitely not just you. Here is a link to an AMAZING recipe called “Zany’s No Slime Castile”. The author, Zany, uses faux sea water @ specific water to lye ratio to avoid Castile slime/snot. They are also quick to cure which is a wonderful bonus.

Author’s detailed recipe: Zany's no slime castile

Video of ZNSC being made: ZNSC YouTube Video

I myself have made at least 5 batches of this recipe & will again & again! 🥰

🧼✨Check it out! 🧼✨

Last edited:
Reetha (soapnuts)
The moisturizing property of Reetha, keeps the skin hydrated and prevents the excessive drying of the skin, which further helps make the skin look radiant. Reetha fruit has powerful anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, which help treat skin disorders such as psoriasis, acne, and eczema.
Very exciting! I too have been playing around with soapnuts recently. My test bar feels great and has happy lather indeed – sadly, my no-soapnut control bar has freaked out (so I can't tell what difference the soapnut really made).
https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/soapnuts-soapberries-washnuts.86237

Very exciting! I too have been playing around with soapnuts recently. My test bar feels great and has happy lather indeed – sadly, my no-soapnut control bar has freaked out (so I can't tell what difference the soapnut really made).
https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/soapnuts-soapberries-washnuts.86237
I can see such a huge difference in the Castile itself. It's super foamy . Creamy lather ...
Here in South India , I grew up watching my mom wash my hair as a child with these and hibiscus ..and rice water. Soap nuts are used to wash pure silk sarees too ..rather than "gentle harsh chemicals" ..we seem to have lost our roots. And now more and more are finding their way to the organic way of life . :)

Back