The flu

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
Sorry I have not been around much & my answers have been short. I have had fever & the flu for 5 days now & there is no end in sight. Yes, I did go to the Dr & am on meds.

Ooh, bummer, I had the flu in Jan, lasted for 3 weeks, then immediately got a cold two days after I thought I might be better. Hope this flu is a short one for you!! Get better soon!!!

Sorry that you aren't feeling well, Tab.
Some of you may "like" this home remedy. This is geared for a head or chest cold, NOT the flu. When you are burdened with cold symptoms, warm up a shotglass of some good, strong whisky in the microware - as hot as you can sip it. Afterwards, go to bed, cover yourself up with blankets, and let the sweating process begin. And you will sweat! The next day, you should feel much better. I have had several people recommend this. I did try it, and I actually felt better. If nothing else, you won't notice the cold symptoms much!!

Tabitha, Ouch, I hear flu is real bad in your parts right now.. My girl Danielle lives on So. Okla, and her six month old Xavier had it all last week, with temps spiking as high as 105 over the course of several days. First time he's been sick since she brought him home from the hospital and she's been going crazy.... I know it must have been pretty bad because Danielle is not easily rattled. Heck, Xavier was hospitalized for the first six weeks of his life due to a life threatening tumor on his neck, and I didn't see Danielle this worked up the whole time Xaver was sick from the tumor! Good news is that he's feeling much better now. Hope you feel better soon too.

I feel for you, my friend! My wife has been affected by it for the past few days. Fever, throwing up, cold chills. I hope you feel better soon and we really miss you. Huggs from Phyl and I too. Sending healing vibes south to you right now!

Paul

Hope you feel better by now, tabitha. I've had flu for the past 7 days too, but not terribly serious symptoms: slight fever, aching all over, very tired. No cough or cold. Must be all this fresh country air we breathe here.

I also bought a bagfull of Chinese herbs to add to chicken soups, and whenever I feel a cold coming on, a big pot of chicken soup is the first thing I make.

Get well soon!

Back