The eagles are back!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
For any of you, like me, who follow the DC eagle cam......they're baaaack! Knowing that they're back and making preparations for their next eagle babies, makes me feel like Spring may be just around the corner. Anyway, here's a pic I captured of mom or dad this foggy morning. http://www.dceaglecam.org/

© 2018 American Eagle Foundation, EAGLES.ORG.

foggymorning.jpg

We have eagles nesting all around us here in NW PA. They are all along the Allegheny River and around Kinzua Dam. There's a day every year that they allow people to walk out onto the dam itself to watch them and a camera is supposed to be installed at a nest this year.

Here's a pic I took of a nest along the road near the reservoir this past fall.

LRM_EXPORT_20171119_211549.jpg

We have eagles nesting all around us here in NW PA. They are all along the Allegheny River and around Kinzua Dam. There's a day every year that they allow people to walk out onto the dam itself to watch them and a camera is supposed to be installed at a nest this year.

Here's a pic I took of a nest along the road near the reservoir this past fall.
You're lucky to have them so close by. If you haven't checked out the DC eagle cam, it's really fascinating to have such a close up view of the eggs hatching and daily life in the nest. I hope the cam near you gets installed soon. You'll love it!

I live near Philly-- I thought this post was football related!
LOL 'fraid not, not from me!

You're lucky to have them so close by. If you haven't checked out the DC eagle cam, it's really fascinating to have such a close up view of the eggs hatching and daily life in the nest. I hope the cam near you gets installed soon. You'll love it!

I am lucky to live in an area with so much wildlife, including the eagles. Canoeing 7 or 8 years ago an eagle swooped over us and grabbed a fish out of the water less than 20 feet in front of us. They are amazing to watch.

This morning we drove this 11 mile stretch and spotted 6 nests.

PSX_20180109_152748.jpg

Latest posts

Back