the box, the gel, kiss of ash....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello everybody. Giving myself a course in gelling. Used eucalyptus/peppermint. natural color, with spinulina for the green accent. gold mica lines. Just one corner kissed with a little ash. We'll see what it looks like with a little air time. Covered loaf with card board and filled up cooler with row cover.(like a blanket, way more breathable) have a new loaf in box now, even tighter saran wrap. these are alot better all around. would anyone want to comment if this gelled or not?? are the pics good enough?? Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• gel1.jpg
    gel1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 19
  • gel2.jpg
    gel2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 21
  • gel3.jpg
    gel3.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 23
  • gel44.jpg
    gel44.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 22
How long did you leave them after put in mold? did you use a 33% lye concentration? what recipe? That would help us answer the gelling.

I use on average 33% lye concentration (unless I screw up with the calculator like I did once and got ash from too much water). I cover with cling wrap and put cardboard on top and a towel with a heat pad. Since I've done it that way, I have not seen any ash.

I used the same recipe as my failed loaf.("wind knocked outta me" post) just a smaller batch (2lb.). Using soapcalc. have only played with ingredients. not enough experience to touch anything else.

All I can say is your a way more patient new soaper than I was.🤭My soap gels sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't affect the quality of my soap so 🤷‍♀️
Nice camouflage design though👍🏻

Latest posts

Back