The birth and death of the Goliath egg...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We used to have a polish crested named Ozzie that layed doubles all the time, but never seen one that big. Whats her name?

We used to have a polish crested named Ozzie that layed doubles all the time, but never seen one that big. Whats her name?
She's an americana (easter egg chicken) and her name is lol, well... "Dorky" :lol:

Just wondering how old she is? Our girls lay double yolkers early on when they start laying after the baby eggs, sadly we haven't had any young ones for a while, but I fixed that by getting more this spring!!

Hahaha! I got one like that a couple of years ago from one of my hens. I think I took pictures too because we were so astounded! My laying hens are getting old now and they have alot of those bumpies on the shells. The old girls are barely even laying anymore. I think they will have to go to "Chicken Freezer Camp" :(

Just wondering how old she is? Our girls lay double yolkers early on when they start laying after the baby eggs, sadly we haven't had any young ones for a while, but I fixed that by getting more this spring!!
She is about 2 years old, we are fixing to get some new spring chicks too!

No kidding! My sister gave birth to an 11 pounder! he was a month over due, darn ignorant doctor...

Youch! Here in Australia, or at least where I live, they don't let you go more then 10 days over and then they induce you. My first was 10 days over, and I was induced, second one was only about 5 days!! And nowhere near the 11 pound mark....Thank God!! :shock:

Back