The Beach Lovers thread!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanT

Reaction score
"Of all the wonderful places to be, best is the beach, next to the sea!!"

where are my fellow beachbums! I love the beach, grew up on Eastern Long Island, I have learned a lot about life through my time at the beach, learned to swim when I was 18mo's old, boogie boarded as soon as i was able and body surf, then transitioned to surfing...ocean rescue, teaching surf lessons as well as ocean safety, and whatever else I could do that involved being on the beach!

My theory on life with help from the beach:

"Life is like the ocean, there are high tides, slack tides, and low tides (high, stagnant, and low points in life) however one can always be confident that the low will surely return to high and vice verca. one need not dispair, just have confidence in the self and push forever forward. Make the best of your time before the sun goes down or the wind changes!"

Ian Terry

(Ive got a load of pics ill probably be uploading quite shortly but feel absolutely free to upload your own as well!)

I was born in Long Beach CA & lived around the area untill I was 12. Nothin' like it!

Amen to that!!! ahhhh the smell of salty sea air...nothing like it to rejuvenate the soul!

Ian you have a beautiful out look on life. I am still waiting for high tide.

i prefer the warm water too! (which is why i moved to florida for school!!)

brazil has some PRISTINE beaches...never been there but heard much about it (and the mujeres as well ;) ) I have been to Costa Rica alot though which i would think has quite similar beach terrain... i wish i lived down there..seriously if someone offered me a job today on the pacific in South America, Id leave tomorrow...

martin- thank you!! Just remember what i said...its all just waiting, low shall surely go to slack...and then to high, its all just a matter of time :)

so hang in there... (id say im at slack tide right now, but hopefully it will turn soon...still searching for my career...but i want to make a positive difference and bring something new to help society, so ive just got to hold that in my heart, think it, feel it, and DO it!!... just trying to find the right riptide to carry me out to that perfect wave I can see, but cant reach yet.. :) )

kind of like beachbum proverbs haha...i should write a book :lol: :lol:

I have been to Columbia, it was THE most beatiful place I have ever seen!

Latest posts

Back