That went by fast!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny, I still have "Teenagers"
DS is 27, until they hit 30 or married they still are teenagers to me :D

I do have a teenager, DD is 16

I’ll note here what I told my mom when she started complaining about being old, you aren’t old until your youngest can legally drink. After that you can call yourself whatever. (My mom started complaining about feeling old after I turned 18, my brother is 3 years younger than me. It seemed like good math)

Congrats on successfully raising an adult!

My son will be 42 in another 6 weeks; my girls are 38 and soon to be 34. It's when your grandkids are in their late teens that it really hits you. My oldest grandson will be 18 this year and my oldest granddaughter is the same height as I am.

My oldest turned 16 on the 16th. I'm a little bit in shock yet. It was just yesterday (I swear!) that he was 5 and figuring out what golden birthdays are. It seemed so far away at the time, but there it is... and then gone.

Today, I am officially the mother of an ADULT child. I don't know how it happened, but Omni turns 18 today!
I said the same thing last year when my baby turned 18 - who is now actually 19. Where on earth did the time go? He has grown into such a loving, remarkable responsible young man that I'm amazed by him each and every day.

Of course, I feel the exact same way about my daughter who will be 26 in May - I just ... I feel like I am barely in my 30's still, so when talking about the ages of my children I always get a bit of a shock that I am not as young as I think I am. LMAO

My first husband, the father of my son's, said to me when I called him to tell him he was going to be grandpa, 'No, I am too young to be a grandfather!' He was, and still is, 7 years older than me! I didn't bother to tell him when he was going to be a great grandpa; figured his son could handle that bit of news. Well I'm a great grandma two times over now. I never felt too young to be a grandmother; I think it's the best thing in the world to get to be a grandmother.

I actually don't ever recall feeling old as it relates to my kids ever. It wasn't until I started taking my youngest granddaughter for 2 or 3 days when she was still a baby (to give her parents sometime alone together) that I began to feel 'not young anymore.' That's when it hit me that having babies is best suited to the young with plenty of stamina. That's when I realized the stamina I ha as a young mother was far superior to my half centenarian stamina.

Today, I am officially the mother of an ADULT child. I don't know how it happened, but Omni turns 18 today!
Congrats!! I'll be saying the same in June. They grow up quick. Happy birthday Omni! [emoji513] [emoji324][emoji322]
I’ll note here what I told my mom when she started complaining about being old, you aren’t old until your youngest can legally drink. After that you can call yourself whatever. (My mom started complaining about feeling old after I turned 18, my brother is 3 years younger than me. It seemed like good math)

Congrats on successfully raising an adult!
I'll be 62 by the time this happens! I have several school friends that had grandbabies within a month of my 5 and 3 year olds births. I am going to have to say no to waiting!! [emoji3]

Latest posts

Back