That Blasted Eucalyptus Spearmint

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KristaY

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far I've tried 4 different suppliers and all have riced like no other. I've also used an EO blend of eucalyptus and spearmint, which behaved beautifully, but faded away after several weeks. Today I had to quickly change my design plan to be able to SB the crap (in the form of rice) out of it. I'm not optimistic about how it will look when I cut tomorrow. This is another one of those requested scents for a special occasion soap. If it wasn't for that, I'd just scrap the scent and move on.

I read through the SMF FO Review Chart and the only one I found with a favorable review was for NG. The review was written by TVivian, who I'd trust completely as she's an amazing soaper. But I haven't seen her around in a while so I wonder if the review was written some time ago.

Since FO recipes are reformulated routinely for all kinds of reasons, has anyone used it recently? Did you have a problem with ricing?

Just as an FYI, I've tried BB, Crafter's Choice, Julie's Scentsational Soap Supply & one other small vendor (don't recall who it was now).

Grrrr..... I'm shaking my fist at the line of Eucalyptus Spearmint bottles I have lined up on my soap counter!

I love NG's version, I find that it doesn't smell exactly like BBW but I actually think I like it more. The BBW scent has been my personal favorite for a loooooooooong time. I'd say give it a shot! It performs perfectly for me, no acceleration or ricing and it doesn't discolor. It's a popular one when I take my soaps to family and friends as well :)

ETA: My bottle is less than a year old if that helps.

Thanks steffamarie! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear.

I don't recall off the top of my head what ratios of eucalyptus & spearmint I used in the past, but will give the 3:1 a go as well. Thanks Carolyn & Susie!

I just made this ( NG Euc/Spear) a few weeks ago.
Behaves Beautifully. No issue with it and I always SB a bit too long.
You should be able to do a few swirls with this no problem.

I use organic spearmint from Jedwards, the price and quality are phenomenal in my opinion.

60% spearmint
25% Lemongrass
15% Eucalyptus

I can't stop sniffing the bars every time I walk by the bathroom or the curing rack. Weeding the garden has become so much more enjoyable because it gives me an excuse to take another shower.:thumbs:

Latest posts

Back