That 60's soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawni

Reaction score
This started out as a semi fail. The soap is one of my very few CP tries, and it combined several new(ish) things - micas, lard, more than 3 colors and a slab mold.

I have a feeling if I only did the last three I'd have gotten better results. If you're interested in the back story, it's here.

I posted one tiny piece that I liked here and another bigger one that I semi liked here. This second pic is what I got tired of looking at, so I decided to do something about it.

I cleaned off the ash, but I still didn't like the messy swirls so I shaved the tops off and I'm glad I did. The colors remind me of the colorful 60's, a time I wanna take a holiday in if physics permitted it.
_20190214_184508.JPG

I won't show more coz you'll see the uglier parts lol but in fact, you can still see some of the too deep grooves that I had wanted to get rid of.

As a plus, the once pastel colored soap isn't so bad under the ash. Now I'm happy :)

They look fabulous. It's amazing how dulling ash is to a vibrantly colored soap. Sometimes I leave the ash because I don't really care and I know it goes away once the soap is in use. But if I'm going to be giving it to family or friends, I do like to remove the ash so they get the full impact of the colors.

This started out as a semi fail. The soap is one of my very few CP tries, and it combined several new(ish) things - micas, lard, more than 3 colors and a slab mold.

I have a feeling if I only did the last three I'd have gotten better results. If you're interested in the back story, it's here.

I posted one tiny piece that I liked here and another bigger one that I semi liked here. This second pic is what I got tired of looking at, so I decided to do something about it.

I cleaned off the ash, but I still didn't like the messy swirls so I shaved the tops off and I'm glad I did. The colors remind me of the colorful 60's, a time I wanna take a holiday in if physics permitted it.
View attachment 36321
I won't show more coz you'll see the uglier parts lol but in fact, you can still see some of the too deep grooves that I had wanted to get rid of.

As a plus, the once pastel colored soap isn't so bad under the ash. Now I'm happy :)
Colors really pop!

Glad you guys liked the soap, thank you!

Does anyone have an explanation regarding why ash is mostly on top, and once shaved off, doesn't come back? At least in this case.....

Back