Thank you, TVivian

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snappyllama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just tried out your palm-free, veggie recipe with cocoa butter and love it. It's not going to replace my normal lard recipe, but it's really, really nice. Now I have a perfect recipe for sharing with my friends that do not want to use lard.

I never thought I'd like a soap with that much olive oil or cocoa butter. I used my normal additives... GM, EDTA, silk, and SL. The bars have a lovely heft to them and produce big bubbles even at a two week test. I cannot wait to try this baby out in a few more weeks.

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing! I'd link back to the thread you posted it on, but I neglected to save the link.

Tviv, if you're around I would love to know where that's posted. I have a couple of veg friends who like getting soap but just get salt bars right now because I don't use palm!

What would you guys suggest subbing in if I wanted to drop the coconut by 5 or 10% on the recipe?

What if bubbles aren't a factor at all? Would you throw the rest into OO or sub in a whole different oil? The highest I've gone for OO is 40% from Genny's shampoo bar recipe which I really love for a body bar, but this recipe has got me quite curious to go higher.

Looks like a nice recipe from the thread you posted. That nice dose of cocoa butter will compensate for the high OO in terms of hardness.

vmakkers, you could go with babassu for bubbles, but it'll be quite spendy compared to CO or PKO.

I also made this soap from tvivians post and agree with you Snappyllama. Its creamy and bubbly, everything you want in a soap. Thank you Tvivian, haven't seen her on here in a while

Whoops, I swear I thought I saw her post the other day. I did have a troublesome impacted wisdom tooth removed recently - so I've been seeing a lot of pink elephants for a while...

Latest posts

Back