Textured top popping off layerd soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfreitag

Reaction score
I made a batch of chocolate mint soap recently. I poured my first layer than added a light layer of cocoa ( to make that line I see in so many of the pretty soaps here), then I poured the second layer about an hour and a half later and textured it. The soap came out nice looking, however as soon as you go to use it and get it wet, the textured top pops off the bar. What did I do wrong?

Thanks
Stacey

sfreitag said:
I made a batch of chocolate mint soap recently. I poured my first layer than added a light layer of cocoa ( to make that line I see in so many of the pretty soaps here), then I poured the second layer about an hour and a half later and textured it. The soap came out nice looking, however as soon as you go to use it and get it wet, the textured top pops off the bar. What did I do wrong?

Thanks
Stacey

You know I saw a tutorial on layering MP soap. It showed the first layer being scored with a fork before pouring the second layer. I wonder if that would help a second layer adhere better with CP also.

It sounds to me like you didnt pour your second layer in time.. it didnt time to "get together" ya know what I mean..

And see about it gelling together as well...

Maybe too much cocoa powder too...

Latest posts

Back