Texas mama bear newbie lol

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

queenmotherchaos

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Tiff I'm a mom who WFH, I have two lil ones under 5 years old. I work 8 hours a day and take care of the house and kids. Momma needs a hobby lol. I do have my plants but that's another story. I would eventually like to start my own business sell my soaps. but as of now I'm in Square one, researching and material gathering.

I have interest in both M&P and CP soap making.

I've been playing around on Soap Cal, that's fun and watch many YouTube videos.

the Sussex soap co channel on YouTube has been my go-to. they have a great beginner's soap making playlist.but i look forward to talking about soap. i do have a support system but no one to really to get into it with. I'm really glad I found this forum. :)

thank you, im gearing up for my first CP batch soon. its all a matter of funds. ive just been gathering materials little by little. i have a stick blender , like 2 lbs of lye ( i know its a lot , thought i buy it in bulk ) and a few small square molds. i have yet to get a few loaf molds.

Welcome.gif

Hi. Welcome! My first loaf mold was a small empty cardboard box lined with freezer paper. Also juice or milk cartons make good loaf molds. Be certain to wash them out before use.
Be sure to begin with small batches that make only a few bars. Learning to make soap takes time and smaller batches take your supplies much farther. Best wishes for your first soap!

Back