Tested my new cutter tonight - best $2 ever

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcatblum

Reaction score
It worked wonderfully! I picked this bread slicer up in the spring, but just used it for the first time. Did round & rectangle loafs, both worked well. These slicers can be found at the thrift store all the time for $2 or less. Each grove in mine is 1/2 inch. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1381369451.585974.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

I found the slicer at a local thrift store, I see them very frequently. If you want one of your own & don't frequent the thrift stores I would ask a friend who does. Sorry i didnt take a pic with a pretty soap in the cutter. This soap was poured in an old container. My DH was certain he could get the soap out his way. I kept telling him just cut the container off, he broke parts off the bottom trying to bang it out. Glad he didn't get too violent with it. That was the last of my black raspberry vanilla in there & I love that smell!
Think the only issue with this cutter is cleaning between different soaps. I cut my darker soaps first & had to clean it real good before I put light colored soap in it. Next time I will cut the light colored soap first & won't be an issue I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Last edited:
That's great! I love going to thrift shops but I've never seen one of those there. I have gotten some great silicone molds while thrifting, though!

I got some awesome silicone molds for lotion bars at the thrift store (great sample size meant to make cutesy ice cubes). Thanks for another awesome idea to look for next time I go thrifting! :D

Back