Tennessee Soap Social

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonfly princess

Reaction score
Oh wow!!! Let me just say I had a really good time! Paul and I did a demo on RTCP soap, it was a blast. Birdie did an excellent job at putting this whole shindig together! I can't believe she did it all by herself! I am volunteering my help for next years show! My mom said that she had a great time, even tho she doesn't make soap. She says "soapers are silly" but we had so much fun. And Paul!!!! She thinks you are the nicest person in the whole world as well as Phyllis! It was a long drive to and from but well worth it! So who is gonna volunteer to pay my speeding ticket??? :oops:

How delightful!! I must make plans to go next year. I am very happy it went well and that y'all had such a blast.

But Dragonfly...........I am greedy! After you rest up a bit, details......pics, I want it all. :lol:

I can wait. I am patient. NOT!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Digit

Glad yer back safe if not sound! I'll bet it was a lot of fun! Maybe next year I'll be able to save some $ to go, I just recently drove through there on my way to Texas, it's not that far from central PA! Can't wait to see some pics and hear more stories. I thought it was going to be really quiet around here with ya'll gone for the weekend, but lovehound kept us quite busy and entertained! (yeah, ok, we missed you a little!)

WELCOME HOME YOU GUYS!!!

Hi guys! This weekend was a blast! We fell fast asleep the second our heads hit out pillow last night! Let me all tell you, our Dragon Fly Princess is even more fun in person than she is on this forum!!! :lol: :lol: You are a great friend. 8) Luv ya girl.... :p

She always was cracking me up. We had a chance to eat dinner Saturday evening with her and her sweet mom. We had Birdie with us because she had lost her keys to her van! :shock: She found them, thankfully, and the 5 of us had a very nice dinner together at a Mexican restaurant. I need to get busy in the shop, and will post more info tonight along with more pictures, including the log of soap DFW and I demoed. It actually looks OK, Dragon, inside joke, you all had to be there....more on that later. :oops:

Birdie and myself;
DSCF3246-1.jpg

Birdie milking a goat. I later used this super-fresh GM in my demo;
DSCF3258.jpg

More later! :D

Paul

Well, it's about time yall got home! :lol: I been waitin' on yas for a day anna half! :lol: :lol:
I'm flattered that I was the subject of so many pics. But you be sure to send that 1st one to Mista G, you here?
We did have a good time, for sure! Paul has all the pics, though. I didn't have time to take any. :cry:
The demos were great and the food was excellent! I really, really didn't want to call it a wrap. :cry:

Glad ya'll had fun! It's cool meeting internet friends face to face huh?

After my demo, Birdie asked Phyllis to draw a winner of the TOG 8 Wire Cutter I donated. Guess whose name she pulled out of the bag......yup...ME! :shock: :lol: :lol:
She drew again and we gave it away finally. Everyone won at least 1 door prise, many, 2. I won a $50.00 gift certificate to Alabaster Candle and Colour. It was a good time for everyone. We had perfect weather Saturday. We had a nice breakfast, a super great lunch, and plenty of time to talk soap. It was a nice size group for the first time we thought. You all will never know how hard Birdie worked to pull this event off, seriously. :shock: Great job Birdie, your efforts will not long be forgot! :D Looking forward to next year. 8)

Paul :wink:

Felted soap demo at TN Social

This was a hands on demo (and I mean HANDS ON) of how to felt a bar of soap. After watching a demo, she invited all attendees up to try felting your own bar. We watched, and think we can do it, but chickened out on getting our hands wet. :lol: :lol:

DSCF3239.jpg

Tabitha said:
How many were in attendance?

There were 32 paid attendees, but I think only about 26 or 27 showed up.
Birdie can tell us for sure.

Hey DFP, since you got that ticket, what did the cop say about that bucket of lye? :p :p :lol:

Sounds like it was a blast!!
Maybe next time it will be a little more north lol!
Jeff (Iowa)

Soapmaker Man said:
Hey DFP, since you got that ticket, what did the cop say about that bucket of lye? :p :p :lol:

Oh my!! :shock: We may need to have "Free The Dragonfly Princess" Soap Sale Benefit.

Digit

Glad you all had a great time, thanks for sharing the pics. Hopefully next year I will be able to join you all!!! k

Back