Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on my laptop... not seeing a 'calculator'... this is what I see when I click the link.
View attachment 46352

You’re almost there. In fact you’re in it. Click on the orange “Recipes” then “New Recipe” in the drop down. You can also click on the orange title of the batch to see it. Or the orange “Search Recipe” box to find something or someone specific. But from The Forum you can click on “Calculator “ in the dark brown line.

Last edited:
I've been playing with the Royalty Soaps recipe - which is a really simple recipe although high(ish) in CO. I've been using it at some of my bathroom sinks and it doesn't seem to irritate my hands but haven't tried it in the shower yet. Anyways, it does have an easy vegan recipe, and a lower water amount. I did find it difficult to work with using my regular methods (which is a blatant disregard for temps), but I did try the true "room temp" method as Katie uses the recipe (melt oils, mix lye, and allow both to come to room temp and/or sit for 12-24 hours) and it was very easy to work with.

Or this recipe from Lovin Soap: The Peacock Swirl Soap Design
Looks like it's roughly 33/33/22/12 OO/Lard/CO/RBO which should make a fairly nice soap.

I habitually use cane sugar for soap simply because I am from the south, and that is the only sugar available here at a decent price point. I have, however, used honey and cane syrup (think molasses) with identical results.

I used10% aloe juice, .5% EDTA, and the Temps & H2O recipe. Soaped are the agonizingly slow to get to 95F and cpop’d Not too shabby...Thanks everyone 🤓
46786BE5-7F04-4AE6-A3FD-797A32D3DE3E.jpeg

Back