Teeny Batches, Bigger Questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the 4" silicone mold from Nurture Soap, very much worth it at just $9.
@midnightsoaper - I just wanted to say thank you SO MUCH for recommending the Nurture Mold - i absolutely love it - i am going back for more. I find that my soap pops out easily even without lining. I love the durability of it and the fact that it is strong enough on its own to not need a wooden frame around it. Do you have larger molds of this same type of silicone from them? Are they also capable of holding their shape on their own? Thank you again so much for excellent suggestion!

@Clarice You're welcome! The two I mentioned are the only ones like that that I own. I've read that the longer ones can bow on the sides, so I haven't tried them. I use wood molds w/silicone liners for larger batches.

I kind of wish I had 2 or 3 of the 4" molds. I really like it :D

Thank you re larger molds - Bowing would be a bummer! I am super tempted by their half-round mold. Decisions decisions! There is something about the thick silicone that I think helps the soap pop out. I may need to think about a simple side brace for a loaf one - I get frustrated with floppy silicone!

Rubbermaid makes a 4 cup twist n seal takealongs container with straight sides - this would be MUCH better than ziplocs.
yes! these are awesome!! i got a bunch of them and i use them for storing lye solution for my "ready freddy" batches (oils premeasured in a container, its lye solution measured in another container. so when i have a bit of time- i can whip out a couple batches of soap super fast because the only thing i have to measure out is FO and i put my molds away lined with freezer paper so they're ready to go)

Back