Teary Eyed

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I am in tears right now. Because I have to worst luck. Some people say "Shannan you need to pray more, or maybe you should visit church more often etc..." Well thats not me. I have never really been into religion. I mean I believe there is a higher being, but I have always had doubts... so this is whats going on..

My show is tomorrow. I leave thursday at 11am PST. I have to set up my display between 1-7pm.
Wednesday, today was label everything day. I have insomnia right now, so I didnt get any sleep last night. I turned off this computer at about 4am. I awaken at 610am and I turn on the computer... nothing happens..

I say "hmm, maybe something loose" so I check all of the plugs etc... everything is fine. I attempt the second, third, and fourth time. Nothing happens. I start to panic... "Did my computer crash" "Oh my gawd my labels"

I call my mother (which was a bad decision) but I had to talk to someone. I begin to tell her whats wrong with the computer. She tells me "handwrite the labels, who cares" I FREAKING DO! THATS WHO!
She had no input whatsoever!

I hang up. I talked to a male friend of mine, hoping he could calm me down as I paced through my room cursing this computer out... he says "Pray about it"
HUH? you want me to what?
He says "pray about it"

I told him, that is not going to fix my computer...

Some background info now... flashing back..

Everytime, I have a show.. something major happens that is always trying to prevent me from going...
My last computer crashed and died, the other time the printer broke, once my battery in my car died with all my stuff in the back... you name it... it has happened..

So when I prayed then. I use to read from the Bible often.. for some reason.. horrible things, still happened.

So this time.. now.
I wanted to print labels on Sunday, the printer's toner Magenta ran out. The place I
I hung up with him. I didnt pray.. I called my school's tech support. He told me to bring in the computer today, but it sounds like my monitor is going out. Ok.
I cursed the computer, it came on. Ok... let me go to my email address so I can get the labels. I keep them there for past experiences. Since I
So I am somewhat smiling, but on a mission to get this fixed.
I get to yahoo, I login, I open my labels file, I see the attachments of labels.. and guess what..

Yahoo message :"We seem to be experiencing technical problems" blah blah... to where I cant access the labels....
I can open EVERYTHING but THAT email!

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS!
My car is usually next on the list.. so we will see with that

**** happens honey, ALL the time. It happens to people who pray & people who don't, Christians, Jews, Hindus, & even to Mother Theresa.

You will be stronger for getting through it. I am w/ your mama, go to the scrapbook strore & make some handmade labels, handmade labels can really be great & add that extra touch.

Do you have biz cards made up? If so why not use a hole punch on the corner of your biz cards and a pretty ribbon & tie it to your soap bars? You can write the fragrance on your cards.

I'm so sorry Shannan. There is nothing worse than having something go wrong at the very last minute.

Computers are hateful things, and I have found that they will always die right at the very worst minute. The motherboard in my previous computer had a meltdown a week before I took over a new business, and along with all my other costs I had to buy a new computer.

The computer before that one died the afternoon before my wedding - I hadn't yet printed out all the name tags and table numbers that I had spent hours getting just right and heaps of stuff was on there - contact details for every supplier I was using on the day, everything.

I'm sending 'things will get better' vibes. I'm just sorry I don't live closer to be able to help out.

Dearest Shannan;

You know we love and think the world of you girl! 8) You know the old saying "When you get lemons; make lemonade." You are getting lots of lemons, but I know you are strong, and you will pull this new venture off. Anything that works out, usually starts really rough. We are here for you! You had my cell number once I know, call if you need to or I'll call if you want a friend to cry on. You are a fine example to those precious kids of yours! Look at what you are providing them as a single parent! Trying to start your business like this, they see everything you are doing for them and will be better adults because you won't give up! Keep putting the other foot forward, my friend, taking short steps, but never, ever, girl, turning back!!!

Remember, we are pulling for you girl, you can do this, we know! :wink:

My thoughts are always with you, Shannan! :)

Paul.... :wink:

No one else can possibly understand what your going through unless they own a business. A self employed business at that. Don't get mad just make lemonade! We are all definitely sending out good vibes and because you don't pray I will pray for you. Prayer doesn't have to mean praying to that higher power, pray to yourself. I do it all the time. Whenever I'm going out on job interviews I recite to myself that I'm strong, confident, and will not wig out for nothing. I know what I'm doing and I know I can accomplish anything that is thrown my way! Remember that and you will be fine. I agree with handmaking labels and I found that using a caligraphy pen is so pretty and elegant! Don't worry I have a feeling that you will figure this out and do extremely well!
Kat

Handmade labels will work! Wouldn't that be a kicker if customers actually preferred the handmade, country look of them and your sales took off bc of them? Murphy's Law has been around longer than soap. The funny thing is, how many times after a crisis we catch ourself saying "That turned out to be a blessing in disguise!" :) Perhaps this is one of those time for you. Oh, and yes, you have us, your friends rootin for you. Please let us know how things work out. I, also, will say a prayer for you tonight. :wink:

Shan!!! I got nothin but respect for you girl!! You will do great! Relax and take a step back, drink some of the lemonade you are makin :) and put a little vodka in it....whhhheeeee...ok I will stop now!!

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!! Do the handwritten labels! I love that idea

Wow, Shannan...
I can relate... especially to the insomnia- that's no fun. And sometimes it does seem like everything is stacked against us. Hoping that your luck changes, and take care, and best wishes,
Kerry

Back