Teardrop

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squarepancakes

Reaction score
I cut my new soap on Saturday morning. It's scented with Nature's Garden Vaniglia del Madagascar FO. It's a scent I've been wanting to try out but wasn't sure what to do with since it's such a strongly discolouring FO.
Last week I decided on a "Honey and the Moon" vibe and went for a yellow/white teardrop (no FO) contrasting it with the FO discoloured background (I added a touch of TD because I was afraid how dark it will be).

I took some photos of the results 0h/8h/56h and it's amazing how quickly the oxidation happened. This is also my first time doing a teardrop, so I didnt use the right tools and the ends were odd. But the middle pieces came out rather nicely and it wasn't a total failure. 🙃

Attachments

• 0h.jpg
    0h.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 8h.jpg
    8h.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 56h.jpg
    56h.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 0
I cut my new soap on Saturday morning. It's scented with Nature's Garden Vaniglia del Madagascar FO. It's a scent I've been wanting to try out but wasn't sure what to do with since it's such a strongly discolouring FO.
Last week I decided on a "Honey and the Moon" vibe and went for a yellow/white teardrop (no FO) contrasting it with the FO discoloured background (I added a touch of TD because I was afraid how dark it will be).

I took some photos of the results 0h/8h/56h and it's amazing how quickly the oxidation happened. This is also my first time doing a teardrop, so I didnt use the right tools and the ends were odd. But the middle pieces came out rather nicely and it wasn't a total failure. 🙃
I recently did a similar project where I used an FO that discolours to chocolate brown. I coloured the batter with neon pink and then split the batter 50/50, adding the FO to just half. Then I did a tiger stripe pour ( very hard to do when all the batter looks the same colour!). I just checked the soap now, one week into cure and there is NO discolouration. SO i have a bar of solid pink (with some glycerin rivers masquerading as tiger stripes).

Hi they are beautiful how do u get it another color all way around

Hi they are beautiful how do u get it another color all way around
That’s the beginning of discoloration from FOs containing vanillin. It starts as a “rind” around the outside edge, and will eventually spread through the entire area that has that fragrance. Sometimes it even bleeds into sections (like the teardrop) that don’t have the fragrance.

Latest posts

Back