Teardrop Soap - Tough Challenge!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saponista

Reaction score
I had a go at this month's great cakes challenge which was a teardrop soap. It nearly had me in tears I found it so hard, but I refused to let it beat me. Here is my entry in the end!

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1463610075.506988.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1463610086.322582.jpg

Here are some of my failed attempts below.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1463610138.299380.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1463610149.955271.jpg

I don't think this is a technique I will be in a hurry to use regularly. The results are just too inconsistent! (Mainly due to my non steady pouring hands!)

I'm dying to try this technique . . . was kinda thinking about it for the May challenge. Saponista nailed it with the black background soap and so did Sonya! Any tips ladies?

Trace thickness seems to be quite important doriette. You want it thick enough so your middle bit doesn't drop to the bottom and get squished to nothing between the side pours, but if the side pours thicken up too much while you are working then you can't pour them properly and the soap is ruined. I found that instead of pouring both sides simultaneously, that if I poured one and then the other alternately it was easier for me. Trying to do both sides at once at the sa e pace and with the same amount of batter was too hard for my uncoordinated self to achieve.

Thank you for the lovely compliments everyone :) x

Sonya and Saponista, you both had such beautiful entries. I tried this for the SMF challenge, and I have an appreciation of the difficulty involved. So well done to both of you - I'm impressed!

Sonya and Saponista, you both had such beautiful entries. I tried this for the SMF challenge, and I have an appreciation of the difficulty involved. So well done to both of you - I'm impressed!

I'll say. I want to try my hand at this so bad but I don't take colorings too well. Perhaps I could make it one time and give the finished product to someone.

Back