Teacher appreciation day opportunity

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
If any of you have craft fairs coming up, don't forget to take advantage of Teacher Appreciation Day. Have a sign on your table reminding shoppers that, "May 3 is National Teacher Appreciation Day!" Have some individual soaps packaged attractively. Maybe a cellophane bag with colorful crinkle paper and a pretty bow. And you could also offer gift tags with appropriate sayings on them. Shoppers may not always remember an occasion like this, so it's good to remind them, and give them the opportunity to grab a great gift, right?

Thanks for reminding me!

By the way, they might sell well, but every teacher I've talked to is entirely sick of anything apple related. Seriously. Elementary teachers get so much apple-themed stuff. A friend was very happy that the moms thought of her at all, but she looked like she was chairwoman of the Plastic Apple Growers Association of America standing before her loot from just a couple of years.

By the way, they might sell well, but every teacher I've talked to is entirely sick of anything apple related.

Does anyone know the history of the apple being a symbol for teachers?

Great reminder, Nav. I love teachers. They taught me everything I know! (Pardon the pun!). So many people have the "Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach" attitude and I think that is absolutely horrid. Where would all of those "doers" be without all of the "teachers" that spent countless hours (of their personal time) on lesson plans, grading papers and just plain caring? IMO, teaching is the greatest calling (after parenting) in the world. It takes a special kind of person to be a teacher.

Thanks for reminding me!

By the way, they might sell well, but every teacher I've talked to is entirely sick of anything apple related. Seriously. Elementary teachers get so much apple-themed stuff. A friend was very happy that the moms thought of her at all, but she looked like she was chairwoman of the Plastic Apple Growers Association of America standing before her loot from just a couple of years.

Exactly! I think any teacher would welcome a little pampering with some handmade soap.

Does anyone know the history of the apple being a symbol for teachers?

Great reminder, Nav. I love teachers. They taught me everything I know! (Pardon the pun!). So many people have the "Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach" attitude and I think that is absolutely horrid. Where would all of those "doers" be without all of the "teachers" that spent countless hours (of their personal time) on lesson plans, grading papers and just plain caring? IMO, teaching is the greatest calling (after parenting) in the world. It takes a special kind of person to be a teacher.

Yes, everyone remembers Mother's Day, but teachers are often forgotten, or remembered at the last minute, when you'll grab anything just to have a gift to give. Handmade soap is a thoughtful gift , and if they're looking for a gift that doesn't break the bank, and is sure to be loved...what's better than soap? And no, I'm not sure how apples got to be associated with teachers.

Back