Tea Tree Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyk

Reaction score
Hi All, I've read that Tea Tree Oil is a good antiseptic and I was wondering if any of you have used it in your soaps?

Also what would be the difference between Tea Tree Essential Oil and 100% Pure Tea Tree Oil.

I've attached a pic of the Tea Tree that I have do you think I can use it in my CP soaps?

I made a Lemon Eucalyptus E/O with Oatmeal and it smells great and just thought this would be the next step.

I use it in facial soap in conjunction with lavender and rosemary EO as well as comfery and rosemary (herb) infused EVOO.

Yup, Thursday Plantation is essential oil, it's from Australia. It's good quality stuff but I would add a caveat on that one. I personally find Thursday Plantations oil a very 'strong' oil. You may have read that in aomatherpay there are only 2 oils that are said to be safe for topical application neat, Lavender and Tea Tree. I had been using tea tree neat for years and then used Thursday Plantation neat, I had a reaction ! I came out in blisters. Now having said that, in all other applications it's good stuff. I just think it's a bit harsh.
I would think that in soap it would be fine seeing as you would in effect be using a dilution.

If you are in the UK and want a source of top quality essential oils look no further than Baldwins.

Thanks, I'm actually from Australia so this oil and Eucalyptus oil is readily avilable.

I was only going to use about 5ml in 1kg of oils as I know its very, very strong. It is very good at healing wounds when used neat.

Latest posts

Back