tea tree oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

simplymcghie

Reaction score
what blends well with tea tree essential oil (what smells good with it)?

I think peppermint and lavender both blend well with it. Don't use too much, it can be very medicinal. I love the smell of it, but many people don't!

I like patchouli with it as well. I made a straight tea tree about 8 weeks ago. The scent has really mellowed, not as medicinal, more earthy. I think with a touch of patchouli it would be very earthy.

I've used it in my calendula and chamomile soap and it smells really nice after cure. As kharmon320 said, the medicinal smell does mellow with the cure.

I am glad to hear that the medicinal smell mellows out. I will put straight tea tree oil on cuts and I don't mind it at all. But we make soap with others in mind. Or end up with more than we can ever use in one scent! I will give it a try. I have bought it in handmade soap, just never made it myself. Mixed with lavender and peppermint it would be a dream!

so for those who have used it in CP soap, what usage level do you recommend for a scent that will last but wont be too overpowering?

And just as a little aside, when researching Tea Tree Oil, I discovered that it can be used in the treatment of warts so I'm giving it a try on a wart I've had for years. I've tried everything under the sun on it except for this so lets see how it goes
:D

simplymcghie said:
so for those who have used it in CP soap, what usage level do you recommend for a scent that will last but wont be too overpowering?

And just as a little aside, when researching Tea Tree Oil, I discovered that it can be used in the treatment of warts so I'm giving it a try on a wart I've had for years. I've tried everything under the sun on it except for this so lets see how it goes

It's also good on ring worm.

Stumbled upon this 9 years later... did it help with warts? My son has a tiny wart on one of his fingers. I could try it then.

I’ve used apple cider vinegar to get rid of one I had On my foot. Worked like a charm!

I second the apple cider vineagar one. Use apple cider vineagar with the mother in it, soak a small piece of cotton ball and place it on the wart, then cover with a bandaid. Change it out a couple times a day or so. In a few days it will start turning black as the wart dies. Works wonderfully!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back