Tea Tree EO - who/where's the best source?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogueRose

Reaction score
I've purchased Australian Tea Tree oil from 2 vendors, prices were probably within 5-7% of each other. The first one I got was outstanding! I use it for a number of skin related conditions and it is one of the best rash cur-all's I have found. The second batch I recently received is disappointing. I applied some to an area that was rubbed raw and it barely gave a burning sensation. Had I done that with the first order it would have been much worse than putting straight rubbing alcohol (99%) on.

The first batch was INTENSE! I applied it to a rash area after a long hike and after 2 applications, I peeled off a layer of skin the size of the rash, shedding like a snake. The skin underneath was in perfect condition and the only downside to this application was a moderate tingling for 3-8 minutes post application (dabbed on with cotton ball).

This stuff is great, when you get the real deal. But wait. Since that was the first time I had tried it, could it be possible that I had an adulterated bottle with something more "vicious" in it like an acid??:confused: I sincerely think not but I guess we can never know.

So where have you found a good supplier of Tea Tree Oil and how does it feel when applied to skin or a rash?

Hrm.... my NOW brand tea tree oil does not burn or sting. I confess to using it straight out of the bottle...

Just for you, I just opened the other bottle I have and put it on a few areas (cactus splinter, heat rashy area, and a scratch). Nope, no sting. That one is by Humco.

What brands did you use?

I bought mine from Bulk Apothecary. It has a strong medicinal/ petrochemical smell to it. I do occasionally put a drop on if I see a zit popping up, it does sting a bit but takes care of the problem but most importantly my HP soap with clay and tea tree oil keeps my husband's acne prone oily skin very clear.

Latest posts

Back