Tea Tree EO - who/where's the best source?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogueRose

Reaction score
I've purchased Australian Tea Tree oil from 2 vendors, prices were probably within 5-7% of each other. The first one I got was outstanding! I use it for a number of skin related conditions and it is one of the best rash cur-all's I have found. The second batch I recently received is disappointing. I applied some to an area that was rubbed raw and it barely gave a burning sensation. Had I done that with the first order it would have been much worse than putting straight rubbing alcohol (99%) on.

The first batch was INTENSE! I applied it to a rash area after a long hike and after 2 applications, I peeled off a layer of skin the size of the rash, shedding like a snake. The skin underneath was in perfect condition and the only downside to this application was a moderate tingling for 3-8 minutes post application (dabbed on with cotton ball).

This stuff is great, when you get the real deal. But wait. Since that was the first time I had tried it, could it be possible that I had an adulterated bottle with something more "vicious" in it like an acid??:confused: I sincerely think not but I guess we can never know.

So where have you found a good supplier of Tea Tree Oil and how does it feel when applied to skin or a rash?

Hrm.... my NOW brand tea tree oil does not burn or sting. I confess to using it straight out of the bottle...

Just for you, I just opened the other bottle I have and put it on a few areas (cactus splinter, heat rashy area, and a scratch). Nope, no sting. That one is by Humco.

What brands did you use?

I bought mine from Bulk Apothecary. It has a strong medicinal/ petrochemical smell to it. I do occasionally put a drop on if I see a zit popping up, it does sting a bit but takes care of the problem but most importantly my HP soap with clay and tea tree oil keeps my husband's acne prone oily skin very clear.

Back