Td white spots

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellysuds

Reaction score
Hi soapers. I'm new to this forum and would love some advice and support, as I know no else that makes lovely homemade soaps.
I have noticed that I have some td white spots in my oats,milk and honey soap. Is the soap to use and sell?
A kind lady on the help forum suggested to re post this here, she said that it's safe to use and sell.
Thank you for advice

I can't say that your soap is safe to sell, but TD spots won't make it unsafe to use. I say that with all kindness intended, but the fact that you don't know the answer to this question means that you are not yet ready to sell your soaps. Please consider waiting longer until you are more comfortable with basic trouble-shooting of things like TD spots. Otherwise, you could unknowingly be selling soap that does have a real problem. Even if it doesn't cause outright harm, it could turn people off to buying handmade soap. That doesn't hurt just you; it hurts all of us who have worked hard to perfect our craft and build up public trust. Thanks for considering that, and please do stay around so we can help you get to that point where you are ready to sell!

I am a lover of TD for super white soap and I have struggled with it with the TD boogers. But I also do not use it for my goatsmilk milk and honey soaps because I like the natural color for that particular soaps.

so for your OMH soap, I suggest you don't use TD at all!!

My suggestion (out of a lot of other great ideas) is to measure out in a sandwich baggie and squish it around until the "boogers" are all worked out. I do this per batch as opposed to making a big batch. It's just easier for me.

And...the rest of what @AliOop said :thumbs:

Thanks for all of your advice. I will try the sandwich bags technique the next soap I make. I have been making soaps for awhile now. In the past I only used body safe liquid coloured...not white. I do alot of research and test every batch before selling. Ph,zap test etc.
Once again thank you for your advice xxoo

There are many thread about this if you use the search function. I just recently posted how I do mine. When I get my TD in, I sift it all through a very fine mesh sieve. When I use it, I put the amount of TD I’m using in a small container and add the water. I let it sit for about an hour, hitting it with the frother a few times while I walk by. I have not had any issues since doing this

Latest posts

Back