Taxes = Frustrating

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelissaG

Reaction score
I'm a sole proprietor in Louisiana. Most of my sales were in Louisiana this year with some in Mississippi. My website hasn't sold anything.

I didn't break even this year like I hoped due to inflation and accept payment via paypal, venmo, cashapp, credit card, debit, and cash.

I tried to do my own bookkeeping this year and quit about four months in because I was getting so confused. I honestly need help with the mess. My husband and I normally file jointly and have has an accountant do our taxes last year and the year before.

So now I've received something from the gvt asking for my Gross Annual Revenue to get my business license renewed. It was easier last year since I pretty much had debit, credit and cash. And I am so lost. Now that's on top of another document I received telling me that I needed to pay taxes on the portions of my house that I use to create, store, and package my products when we are already paying taxes on those parts of the house. We purposely did things this way to simplify them so that everything was filed all together at one time.

Why does this have to be so complicated?

So, if I file with a best guess now to get my license in time for Jan 1, and then our accountant has to adjust later with a more accurate count, will I get in trouble?

Also, I really want to hire a bookkeeper this year. Someone to help keep things much less complicated since it's so confusing. Do you have any suggestions for names, websites, etc with reasonable prices? I can't keep going with this mess or I am going to end up pulling my hair out.

Thanks.

I'm a sole proprietor in Louisiana. Most of my sales were in Louisiana this year with some in Mississippi. My website hasn't sold anything.

I didn't break even this year like I hoped due to inflation and accept payment via paypal, venmo, cashapp, credit card, debit, and cash.

I tried to do my own bookkeeping this year and quit about four months in because I was getting so confused. I honestly need help with the mess. My husband and I normally file jointly and have has an accountant do our taxes last year and the year before.

So now I've received something from the gvt asking for my Gross Annual Revenue to get my business license renewed. It was easier last year since I pretty much had debit, credit and cash. And I am so lost. Now that's on top of another document I received telling me that I needed to pay taxes on the portions of my house that I use to create, store, and package my products when we are already paying taxes on those parts of the house. We purposely did things this way to simplify them so that everything was filed all together at one time.

Why does this have to be so complicated?

So, if I file with a best guess now to get my license in time for Jan 1, and then our accountant has to adjust later with a more accurate count, will I get in trouble?

Also, I really want to hire a bookkeeper this year. Someone to help keep things much less complicated since it's so confusing. Do you have any suggestions for names, websites, etc with reasonable prices? I can't keep going with this mess or I am going to end up pulling my hair out.

Thanks.
I am really sorry you are feeling so overwhelmed. It’s tough to run a business. That’s why I don’t anymore.

Latest posts

Back