Tart Recipe - HOW 2 ??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsmeroro

Reaction score
Hi there - I have searched for "how to make soy tarts" and cant seem to find it -- could someone please point me in the proper direction - I am lost...

Thanks!

Buy some pillar wax, color & scent according to the manufacturer's directions and pour into molds or clamshells. That is pretty much it in a nutshell.

If you don't use a pillar wax, add stearic or BW to it to help harden the wax. You need a firmer wax than container wax although I have heard of people that do make their tarts from a container wax.

CPSoaper said:
Buy some pillar wax, color & scent according to the manufacturer's directions and pour into molds or clamshells. That is pretty much it in a nutshell.

If you don't use a pillar wax, add stearic or BW to it to help harden the wax. You need a firmer wax than container wax although I have heard of people that do make their tarts from a container wax.

Thanks - I will give it a try! :)

I've used the ecosoya cb advanced in candles....its relatively hard. and its "designed" to shrink away from the container....however, i hear it has horrible hot throw, but i didn't even get that far with testing it. it looks very white and smooth in candles, but since the wax shrinks, it can actually fall right out of the container!

I switched the cargill c3 and made tarts last week with it. they were hard and popped out of the tart molds with little hooha. just pulled the sides away slightly and loosened it all around and pop! out she came! and i tested one out after like a 6 hour cure and it was great! the whole house smelled peachy!

I just purchased the EcoSoya Soy Pillar blend... Peak's has such fast and cheap shipping... I really really hope the wax works out. I have a customer who is obsessed with my tart packs... She just ordered another 10 this morning... So I am going to send her some with the new wax and get her feedback... *crosses fingers*

Wow! You tested after 6 hours? I thought you had to let them cure for atleast 24 hours?? I read somewhere, the longer you let them cure the stronger the throw...

I use KY's Parasoy Tart Wax and it's fabulous. It does seem to be stronger if you let them sit for a week or so before melting.

I've read different things about soy wax and curing and that there is some cure time....but many agree that its shorter on tarts. so i was impatient and tested it out and they were great with no cure! haven't made any candles yet, i am STILL fiddling with wicks!!! :x

I just got the EcoSoya wax this morning! OMG!!! It is amazing... I have made three pounds of tarts so far. It melts down wonderfully and I didn't have a SINGLE crack OR frost! :D :D :D

I HAD to test a tart, after 10 hour cure, the throw is GREAT! I used Black Raz. Vanilla. FO Smells heavenly. :)

Also making, Fruit Slices, Nag Champa, and Caramel Apple (From Peak's)

Thanks for the heads up Lane! I am close to Peak Candle so I will give the Ecosoya a go!

The EcoSoya melts down perfect in the microwave. For one pound I do one min on high. stir...another min on high, stir, (Its bubbly the second time out of the micro.) and then one more minute on high... I just keep stirring if there are pieces not melted yet. It's cold throw is SO strong! I sent a few out to my testers and they said you could smell the package as soon as they walked into the post office! Keep my posted on how ya like it. :D

Lane said:
I get orders from Peak's in TWO days! And even tho I love love the bramble wax, it takes over a week to get it. :(

I take it that you are not on the West Coast?? It takes only a few days for me to get orders and I am in Cali. Teheehee. One good perk about Cali I guess - although GAS $$ is OUT OF CONTROL!

:)

Interesting to know. I have some container wax lying around. Since you mentioned that some people do make tarts with container wax, I'm going to give it a try.

I've only made one set (4tarts) of straight soy from wsp its the cb advanced I think. I love it but I like make parasoy so thats what I've done. My tarts come out nice and hard and has great scent throw well depends on the scents!

Back