tarred and feathered...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Really interested in older (back in the day) type recipes. Style and design, but modernized of course.
Pine Tar is one of those. Although it does retain the color and scent. (no frag. gonna cover that!). It is
only 5% by vol. thanks for looking.

Attachments

• pinetar.jpg
    pinetar.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 40
Very nice! The odor mellows over time. I make pine tar (20%) soap. Here are some blends I use:

EO BLENDS FOR PINE TAR SOAP

1 Juniper : 2 Cedarwood

1 Russian Fir : 2 Lavender or Lavadin

1:1:1 Lavender, Tea Tree, Oakmoss

4 Lavandin, 2 Peru Balsam, 1 Russian Fir, 1 Sweet Birch (optional, historically sweet birch is helpful to problem skin, but must be used with extreme caution.)

Really interested in older (back in the day) type recipes. Style and design, but modernized of course.
Pine Tar is one of those. Although it does retain the color and scent. (no frag. gonna cover that!). It is
only 5% by vol. thanks for looking.
Ok, I have used pine tar on my horses feet when they get sore or thrushy, but what does it do for soap? A foot-specific soap for those more odorous and not so attractive feet?!:nonono::lol:

The soaps are beautiful though! Love the dark color!

Ok, I have used pine tar on my horses feet when they get sore or thrushy, but what does it do for soap? A foot-specific soap for those more odorous and not so attractive feet?!
😄 Pine Tar Soap is said to be beneficial for treating dandruff and eczema/psoriasis. Once, when my sister and BIL were visiting I had to take my BIL to several drugstores to find Pine Tar Soap. He had gorgeous hair btw, so it must be good for that. I used to make it for one of my wholesale customers... they often had requests for the stuff but didn't want to make it herself. It's tricky to make. Traces in about 28 seconds! Yes, I set the timer. :nodding:

Last edited:
😄 Pine Tar Soap is said to be beneficial for treating dandruff and eczema/psoriasis. Once, when my sister and BIL were visiting I had to take my BIL to several drugstores to find Pine Tar Soap. He had gorgeous hair btw, so it must be good for that.

Thank you, Zany! That makes sense on the dandruff and skin issues. Interesting that it sets so fast! 28 seconds... better be ready for that one!

Hello everybody, added lye/water to soft oils first. brought to light trace. then added hard oils/butters/pine-tar second. kept everything pour-able. I did soften pine-tar in micro wave. SLOWLY! 5 seconds at a time. mine was a simple no frag/ no colorants recipe. Sequence of events is what did it, is my guess. 1st time luck??

Back