Tan removing facial bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rekha

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am new to soap making and I am planning to make a facial bar that can remove tan . Pls advice on any specific ingredient that may help in removing tan (planning to use tomato juice ).pls suggest.

Thanks
Rekha

I am not sure what you mean by Remove Tan.
Do you mean the tan you get from the Sun ?

If so then No you can not have SOAP remove Tan.

I suggest you see a chemist

Last edited by a moderator:
This skin lightening thing is an Asian thing I think lol I hear it all the time, especially here in the Philippines and in India and Pakistan. It's probably a similar scenario in nearby places like Malaysia and Indonesia and Bangladesh.

Anyhow, a lot of turmeric soaps have been marketed as lightening.. Same with rice soaps and papaya soaps but I have no idea if they actually work because I doubt anyone has actually done scientific testing.

For those who claim they do, I'm betting the soaps maybe help along whatever other skincare products are used for lightening. Or if nothing else is used, maybe it works coz it's one thing that's sure to be used repeatedly.

One thing I'll say is, from what people have told me, changing to handmade soap from commercial syndets or hybrids, do tend to cause people to see changes in their skin tone, pores, etc. The problem is pointing out what specifically causes that change. Is it an oil? Is it an additive? Is it the nature of handmade soap, or is it a placebo thing?

A lot of maybes there lol

Latest posts

Back