Tampa or Orlando Area Supply Stores?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breckash

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone is in the Tampa or Orlando area and if so, do you know of any good soap supply stores. I live in the middle of the two and both are only about a 45 minute drive. Shipping on most oils is 10-15 dollars. I would rather go somewhere and be able to look around etc.
Any information would be appreciated:)

breckash said:
I was wondering if anyone is in the Tampa or Orlando area and if so, do you know of any good soap supply stores. I live in the middle of the two and both are only about a 45 minute drive. Shipping on most oils is 10-15 dollars. I would rather go somewhere and be able to look around etc.
Any information would be appreciated:)

I get my Olive oil from costco or somewhere, and then for the oils I usually need to order from somewhere like flsoapsupplies or somewhere like that, I ve been searching for a place nearby (im in Orlando)...but havent turned up anything great as of yet

... I did find a local source for Lye though.... 50# bags, or I can break it up into smaller amounts for you if you want as I buy the whole bag and it takes a while to go through it :)

Without looking at an atlas, don't know how far this may be from Tampa or Orlando area, but Camden Grey is located in Doral, FL. Also, Soap Supplies is located in Daytona Beach. Also, pvsoap is located in Ponte Verdra Beach. You may want to check out these suppliers - they may not have a storefront and limited to internet orders only. I have ordered from Camden Grey and very satisfied with products and prices on many of their carrier oils. Can't beat the price of castor oil or babassu :)

Camden Grey is a bit of a hike from the Polk County area (I'm guessing you're either in or near Polk from your post) but it's definitely doable.

I don't know if you're willing to come across one of the bridges, but there's Florida Suncoast Soapworks here in St. Pete, she sells some FOs and EOs, oils, colorants, additives, etc. I've not used any of her FOs so I can't personally vouch for them, but she's closer to you than a lot of other places.

Where in Orlando can I find lye? Last weekend while up in Ohio I made my first batch of soap. I saw lie up that way but didn't not bother buying any. I figure the TSA would have a fit if I took it on a plane.

Mark

Have you tried Essential Depot? Lightning fast shipping and decent sodium hydroxide prices. :D Keep 'em coming yaw'll; I'm listening.

Cheers! :p

I am new to soapmaking and live in the Orlando area and there is a smallish store that has a great selection of fragrances ans oils ans also sells lye, they also have additives and some coloring options and the prices are very reasonable, even less than what they charge online.

http://m.espremiumproducts.com/

Hi...
I also think Essential Depot is a good value. It's in Sebring,FL. It's not right next door, but close enough to ship you most of your products
within a couple of days.

They've been good to me so far. No problems with their service.

:)I live like minutes from ES in Orlando and they seem to be running out of stuff on their shelves. Don't know whats going on.

Hey there :D
I am in Land O' Lakes, just a few minutes north of Tampa...I have never found a local supplier in this area. I get my Olive Oil at Sam's Club (not the Extra Virgin variety, just 100% OO) by Daily Chef (store brand) - $10.29 for 3 liters. I use Camden-Grey (near Miami) for a lot of my essential oils. I have never used Florida Suncoast Soapworks in St. Pete because I didn't find their prices to be very competitive. Soaper's Choice only charges about $16 to ship me (4) 7lb gallon containers of oils. I have used WSP since they have "Free Shipping" (figured into their prices :? ) ... their prices are pretty fair and I haven't had any problems with their products. I have used some local health food stores in a pinch (Whole Foods, Abby's, Nutrition S'Mart), but they are ridiculously over-priced :shock: ...however, in a soaping emergency, you can get organic coconut oil, organic palm oil (sold as shortening), olive oil, castor oil, avocado oil and essential oils, but you'll pay top dollar :x
I think we're stuck web shopping and paying shipping...but we're soapers...we shall overcome! :lol:

I went to E S Premium Products in Orlando this afternoon. They had lie and it was about 1/3 of the price I saw it in Ohio. Since that place is only 20 min from the house I didn't buy everything that I will need in one stop. I am sure I will dump a lot more money soon in that store.

Mark

I went to E S Premium Products in Orlando this afternoon. They had lie and it was about 1/3 of the price I saw it in Ohio. Since that place is only 20 min from the house I didn't buy everything that I will need in one stop. I am sure I will dump a lot more money soon in that store.

Mark
Can you tell me the address, thanks

I believe there is one about to open in Sarasota. I've seen FB posts about it. I'll have to see if I can find out when and where exactly they are. I will report my findings. I'm in Tampa. I can get Olive and coconut locally at a decent price, but that's about it. I've looked into Suncoast before, but I didn't feel like they had much of a selection. Maybe I'll look again, as I could easily drive there.

Edit:
I didn't notice the date stamp on the posts here.
@dianaabuela1 you may not hear back from the person you replied to (asking for the address) as the post you were replying to was made in 2012! 🤣 and the individual in question hasn't posted here since 2018.
It looks like es premium is no longer in business.
One of the companies mentioned at the top of the thread, "Flsoapsupplies" seems to have changed to "American soap supplies" found at Americansoapsupplies.com

Following because I live in Orlando and I've seen two places mentioned here that I've never even heard of!
I should've asked this question last week because I needed oils to try a recipe modification and now I have to wait for shipping.

Last edited:
Can you tell me the address, thanks
This post is 10 yrs old and the person you are asking your question to has not been here in 2 yrs. You should start a new thread as the info here is probably old and not of use anymore. Please put it in shopping recs forum. You can look on the top of the post, left hand side to see how old the posts are

Hi...
I also think Essential Depot is a good value. It's in Sebring,FL. It's not right next door, but close enough to ship you most of your products
within a couple of days.

They've been good to me so far. No problems with their service.
So I ordered lye on Amazon at a good price Kinda last minute and almost did a subscription so I wouldn’t run out again & it was from Essential Depot that is 2 hours from me.... I didn’t realize! Lol!

Back