Tallow and My Husband

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, first a short back story. I've only recently gotten back into soap making and found a recipe for soap using tallow that I REALLY wanted to try. I got in touch with a local butcher to see if they had any tallow I could render and was told that, yes, they have it but they also have rendered tallow frozen in 1-quart tubs. When John wanted some beef fat for making Yorkshire pudding, I told him about my conversation with the butcher and sent him to pick some up.

The tallow was beautiful (if tallow can be beautiful); the Yorkshire pudding wasn't the greatest (will he EVER follow the recipe exactly???) but my soap turned out amazing, the whitest handcrafted soap I have ever seen.

Last night, he asked me if I needed more tallow for making soap (he who has already rolled his eyes more than once while asking, "You ARE making Christmas presents, riiiiiiiiiiiiight??") because he wants to buy 3-4 quarts so he can make real pommes frites (French Fries).

I love it when he supports my hobbies in a roundabout way. I'm more than happy to send him out for more tallow.... more soapmaking opportunities for me!

:thumbup::clap::thumbup:

My guys have learned to like and use my soap, shampoo and body wash. My grandson loves the different manly fragrances that I find and I love the smell of my guys just freshly showered.

My husband went to Walmart once when I was having a bad day, and brought me home a bucket of lard to cheer me up.

That right there, ladies & gents, is true love...forget flowers and chocolates, just bring me a big old tub'o'lard :D

Back