Quantcast

Tallow and My Husband

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Misschief

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, first a short back story. I've only recently gotten back into soap making and found a recipe for soap using tallow that I REALLY wanted to try. I got in touch with a local butcher to see if they had any tallow I could render and was told that, yes, they have it but they also have rendered tallow frozen in 1-quart tubs. When John wanted some beef fat for making Yorkshire pudding, I told him about my conversation with the butcher and sent him to pick some up.

The tallow was beautiful (if tallow can be beautiful); the Yorkshire pudding wasn't the greatest (will he EVER follow the recipe exactly???) but my soap turned out amazing, the whitest handcrafted soap I have ever seen.

Last night, he asked me if I needed more tallow for making soap (he who has already rolled his eyes more than once while asking, "You ARE making Christmas presents, riiiiiiiiiiiiight??") because he wants to buy 3-4 quarts so he can make real pommes frites (French Fries).

I love it when he supports my hobbies in a roundabout way. I'm more than happy to send him out for more tallow.... more soapmaking opportunities for me!

:thumbup::clap::thumbup:

traderbren

Reaction score
You have a keeper there! Hooray for more soap making!

My husband went to Walmart once when I was having a bad day, and brought me home a bucket of lard to cheer me up. He knows I hate going to that store, and really only go for lard, lol.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
My guys have learned to like and use my soap, shampoo and body wash. My grandson loves the different manly fragrances that I find and I love the smell of my guys just freshly showered.

sudsy_kiwi

Reaction score
My husband went to Walmart once when I was having a bad day, and brought me home a bucket of lard to cheer me up.
That right there, ladies & gents, is true love...forget flowers and chocolates, just bring me a big old tub'o'lard :D

Misschief

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have a keeper there! Hooray for more soap making!

My husband went to Walmart once when I was having a bad day, and brought me home a bucket of lard to cheer me up. He knows I hate going to that store, and really only go for lard, lol.
Yup, he has his moments but he's a keeper. Sounds like you do, too. That is awesome!