Tall & Slender Silicone Soap Molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 49910

Reaction score
I am considering purchasing a couple of tall & slender silicone soap molds in the following dimensions:

31HyV2SSaIL._AC_.jpg

Has anyone had any issues with these types of silicone molds in the fact that there is no wooden box to provide extra support on the sides?

Do the vertical ribs help prevent the mold from bowing out on the sides? That is my biggest concern.

Any help or comments will be welcome!

Thanks in Advance!

I don't have a T&S one, but I do have a regular sized one. I feel like the ribs do help it stay rigid. However, it is rigid enough that I sometimes have difficulty getting my soap out. You can't peel the mold off the soap-- you have to sort of push it out from the bottom.

I have five silicone “stand alone” molds. Three are small test molds and two are traditional loaf molds that hold 900-1000 g of oil batch size. They all bow a little. A friend made a wood support box for the largest one.

I have 2-10” Loaf Mold and after some fairly heavy use, they started to bow out to the extent that I was getting “V” shaped soap. It was a simple matter to get some cheap wood and build a box around them.

I have that or a similar silicone mold. Yes, it bows out when it's filled, but that was easy enough to fix by just nestling the mold between two books or boxes or something. I found it difficult to unmold cleanly. I've had much better luck with my wooden mold with silicon insert.

Latest posts

Back