Tall & skinny stripes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have this awesome carry-all bag, used its colorful stripes as the inspiration for this
Poppy seeds are between the layers.
It’s scented with nurture’s “new beginnings”
Next time I’ll use more mica- I’d like the colors to be more bold
This was my first tall & skinny bar with a used mold I found on eBay
IMG_2518.jpg
IMG_2294.jpg

While I usually like more bold colours, I think the way it's turned out these pastel shades is very pretty. :cool:

It's all trial and error, at least you'll now for next time about how much you'll need to get a deeper colour.

I think the colors are very pretty, but you could have added your mica powders right into your soap batter if you wanted more color. I either do that or mix my micas with glycerin and not by removing batch oils. I simply never know how much color I want to use.

I do have to wonder if the layers will hold together with poppy seeds between the layers.

I think the colors are very pretty, but you could have added your mica powders right into your soap batter if you wanted more color. I either do that or mix my micas with glycerin and not by removing batch oils. I simply never know how much color I want to use.
I do have to wonder if the layers will hold together with poppy seeds between the layers.

me too, its pretty thick in some areas. i've tried to break them apart by hand after the cure and they held up, but i think after using it in the shower a bit- they'll break apart at those lines
testing i look forward to haha :D

i havent tried glycerine as a mixing medium- thank you, i'll try it out
my batter was setting up quickly, i was pretty pleased to get it in the mold still resembling lines LOL

Latest posts

Back