Tall & skinny mold arrived!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats! I only recently got my T&S after a few years of just the standard loaf molds. The first time my son saw T&S soap, he said, "Dad, when did you start making 'portrait' mode instead of 'landscape mode'?" :)

For me it took getting used to. It's like trying to pour through the eye of a needle. But the results are awesome! I like doing
2 more and
https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/my-latest.85725/
Have fun with the new toy!

@Zing Your alternate wall pours (is that the right name for them) with the mica lines are beautiful. I have trouble doing those mica lines -- always put too little mica because I'm afraid of the layers not sticking. Your moon over the mountains is lovely!

@Ugeauxgirl Thanks for the unmolding suggestions. I'll try the freezer idea. Being even more patient about waiting to unmold might be more than I can manage LOL

@Mobjack Bay I will definitely try both of those ideas. Thank you!

I like my T&S mold for just about everything and now use it more often than my loaf. Mine is 2.5" wide. I use sodium lactate and gel my soaps, and I don't have trouble unmolding the next day (usually). It is a bit harder because of the height of the soap, but gravity is your friend. I think most designs work well and hanger swirls are especially pretty (but I'm partial to those to begin with). Try a Tall & Skinny Shimmy and a Secret Feather - have fun!

Latest posts

Back