Tag line?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarnieSoapien

Reaction score
I'm working on making a website now and I'm on the fence about coming up with a tag line. I don't know if it's really necessary. Do you have a tag line?

The business name is Homo Soapien and my hubby suggested "Evolve Your Clean" which I almost immediately nixed because I don't do anything that I consider revolutionary in soap making.

I don't sell soap but I have had 2 shops on Etsy in the past selling handmade jewellery and vintage items. Tags and taglines are helpful for google search engines. There's quite a lot of advice online on how to make them work for you. Best to keep them them short and relevant to your product. 'Evolve Your Clean' doesn't really describe your product...a better way would be 'Homo Soapien, Handmade Artisan Soap' or some such because 'handmade artisan soap' is a tagline that someone is likely to search for. No one would search for 'evolve your clean'. Try and think of words and phrases that you would use if you were browsing for handmade soap and then build a tag line around that:thumbs:

Taglines are more for SEO, like SeaSuds said, but you could use evolve your clean as a slogan. I think it's a very clever play on your brand...also, the public doesn't know your soaps aren't revolutionary, so don't start them out with that sentiment. As far as your customer knows, you offer the best product that they want.

I love both your name and that slogan!!

I am a person who buys things because of cute packaging and clever wording. Especially this time of year when I'm looking for stocking stuffers. If it gives me a chuckle and smells good, I'm sold!

I use the tag line - Soap: It's my madness. (My business name A Misty Dimness Soap is an anagram of my tagline, one obviously came before the other).

There is a difference between tagline and slogan. A tagline is used to define a product or company while a slogan is used to define a certain campaign where the company is taking part in. Please also don't get taglines confused with SEO tags. Not the same thing.

I kind of like the "evolve your clean". How about "Soap for humans" or "soap for human kind"?

Back