Table Display

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerelife

Reaction score
It's been a year and a half since I started doing markets/festivals and my booth display has changed dramatically. So many great people on this forum have given me wonderful advice, and I'm happy to say that I now get lots of compliments and my sales have gone up!
So here's a heart-felt 'Thank You!' to everyone who took the time to offer advice and constructive criticism :grin:
These are some evening pics of my booth at a festival I did a couple of weeks ago in Louisiana. My DH originally questioned why on earth I needed a tiny chandelier as my lighting source instead of regular lights like 'normal' people, but it just felt like a 'must-have' to me!
And please feel free to critique my display!!! Y'all haven't steered me wrong yet, and it's always a work in progress...

booth.JPG

booth1.JPG

booth2.JPG

booth3.JPG

That set up rocks! I would totally go over there to shop! I think the chandelier sets the tone for the whole thing. This is not your grandma's soap store, this is a refined place with upscale products.

I like how full your tables are, and your lip balm box is awesome!

Your booth gave me some ideas. While I love the shabby chic / vintage look that many crafters and soapers use, I see so many soapers use it that I am looking in another direction. You lovely lip balm box (so jelly!) is a little touch of shabby chic / vintage while the rest of your booth is not, yet somehow it works.

My few humble suggestions
- I feel like you need a pop of color somewhere. There's a lot of black and white.

- The colored lights are pretty, but I think they may make it hard to read some of your labeling, especially for older customers.

I love the total look. I love that your banner is nice and big, and up high where it can be seen. Love the chandelier! You have things at different levels, your display pieces are beautiful. Yeah, I'd be making a bee line to your display. :thumbup:

I love your setup and think the chandelier is totally necessary! I would definitely make a beeline towards your booth if I was at a fair. The lip balm box is "totes adorbs" as my youngest would say.

Lovely display...I'm like dixiedragon though...I love a pop of color most times...and I look again at your display with brown, ivory and that dark blue...and say...you can't beat simplicity...very easy on the eyes!

Thanks everyone!
I do have a bolt of satin cloth in a medium pink/watermelon color that I've thought of using as a runner across the front tables to add that pop of color. And I found some small fleur-de-lis crystal candy dishes at GoodWill that I spray painted in the same color to use as accents (not sure what I would put in them yet!) on the side tables.
And for everyone who liked the lip balm box, I found it at Hobby Lobby!
http://www.hobbylobby.com/Home-Deco...ndow-Divider-Box-with-Fancy-Top/p/4347-PU0279
Some of the reviews say it smells bad, but I bought mine in-store and it has a very slight cedar scent, but certainly not stinky at all.
I use WSP's oval lip balm tubes and they are a perfect fit in this box, plus it makes it easier to transport as well as to see what flavors I need to restock at a glance!

Last edited:
Hobby Lobby has some really interesting pieces that can be used for display at a craft fair. Their prices usually start out really high, but if you get them on sale and use a coupon, you can get some amazing deals! There was a beautiful, tiered display piece that I got there, it started out at $89.99, and after all the discounts I got it for $23! I always keep my eyes open for things that can be used for display...thrift stores are a good source, too.

Thank you for sharing, I think I may get one for my display as it would fit in nicely. I have something similiar for my bath fizzies. I bought my metal shelving for my display there and love shopping ther.

Just thought I'd ping this thread. Been getting wood displays, crates and such, at https://shop.wtcinc.org

The crates are super sturdy and all hand made in a work training center for developmentally disabled adults so it is for a good cause as well

I antiques my crates for just pennies - I'll share the process if requested - they also have sectioned bottle boxes good for displaying lotion bar tins and soap risers.

I've had some of their displays for almost 7 years now and they are still intact and in great condition.

I also make wood platforms out of live edge wood slabs - very easy to make with a little wood glue and tung oil finish. A great way to make a nice display

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1498839589.444166.jpg

Back