Tab-Happy Shortcuts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was going to hijack Trix's thread about tab preferences, but then I remembered I'm incapable of brevity when talking about computers and that I'd probably get completely off topic as some of you may have already seen in the Windows 10 thread :p

Anyway, In case you tab happy folks didn't know about this one...these work in both IE and Firefox for me.

holding ctrl and clicking a link will open it in a new tab but not change the focus. So when reading an article for example, you can click, continue reading, then flip over to the link. This is the reason I have sea of tabs almost 100% of the time :p

I have never had 30 or 40 Point of Interest or SMF tabs open at once. Never! Positively scandalous of you to even suggest it...:shifty:

Holding shift and clicking opens to a new window.

Because I open so many tabs and rarely ever finish research in one session, I also have session restore enabled. When I close my browser, it saves my tabs and reopens them next time I open the browser, even if I turn the machine off.

Here's how to turn it on in various browsers: http://www.howtogeek.com/120185/alw...session-in-firefox-chrome-opera-safari-and-ie

Hopefully I've made it easier for some of you to spend even more time reading about things you shouldn't buy/make because you don't have the time/money/room for them :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back