T Minus....days and counting

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjb31apb

Reaction score
I just clicked purchase for my Kelsei beginner kit with the mini mold! I can't wait!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

I bought the same kit and I really like the mold. You can do nice swirls in it and it will hold 2 1/2 lbs as well. Do run everything through the soapcalc yourself before you begin. I should have done that!! Weigh everything on your own scale as well. Rita gives you plenty of everything and then some...but I could not get all the PO out of the bottle that it came in and I did not know that it would make a difference....IT DID!!! I think PO should come in a wide mouth jar or little tub. That is how I get mine now. I use her recipe all the time. It is a good one. My only screw-up was my last batch (see my post of today) but that was entirely my own fault. I used lard instead of PO. i have PO but I just wanted to see how it would turn out with lard. I think that I did not get a proper trace and now I have lye dots in my soap. I tried her recipe with Crisco and it turned out really nicely. I have also cut it in half (using the soapcalc to check everything) and that works great too.

Latest posts

Back