Syndet shampoo bar recipe help needed

Discussion in 'Bath and Body Forum' started by Gaisy59, Nov 3, 2019.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Nov 7, 2019 #41

justjacqui

justjacqui

justjacqui

I just leave the oils/butters for the conditioner bar. If I was planning on a more 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner bar I would consider it but I am happy to also use the conditioner bar. In liquid shampoos oils just decrease foaming.

2. Nov 7, 2019 #42

Gaisy59

Gaisy59

Gaisy59

Supporting Member

Ok that makes sense. I do not want a 2 in 1 as those types of shampoos left my hair heavy and oily.

3. Nov 7, 2019 #43

Ashleigh

Ashleigh

Ashleigh

Supporting Member

This is so good to know! One less ingredient to worry about and it may bring the cost down if ever deciding to sell. Hopefully I have a chance this weekend to give the shampoo bars another shot, you guys have me excited to get formulating!

4. Nov 10, 2019 #44

SoaperForLife

SoaperForLife

SoaperForLife

Supporting Member

In SCM's question section for shampoo bars someone named Sarah had asked about using Varisoft EQ 65 and Susan had responded that if you use SCI or other pH balanced ingredients you didn't need to alter the pH. Then in my notes I have to sub Varisoft for the Centronium Chloride at 2% (if this helps at all). I recently made Susan's recipe for dry hair that contained 10% butter and I thought it really took away from the suds so there's that.

5. Nov 10, 2019 #45

Gaisy59

Gaisy59

Gaisy59

Supporting Member

Thanks yes I saw that. My whole issue was trying not to have to sub anything out and keep the ph between 5-7 because I am definitely not chemistry oriented lol. The ladies convinced me that adding a butter to the shampoo would not be a wise idea.
    Also, I just saw a recipe that Marie from Humblebee just posted and from the looks of that one and my recipe I think I did pretty good for a newbie. Give myself a pat on the back lol. I just put my product order in but sad to say it looks like shipments are a month behind. Might not be able to make anything before Xmas.

SoaperForLife likes this.