Syndet/CP combination bar?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've added a couple tsp of Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate before and it behaved well. I've been thinking of trying it again but adding a much larger amount.

That's interesting, I've not thought of trying that. Now you've piqued my interest. How much did you add? Did you notice a difference in the soap?

I see an experiment in my future.

I didn't keep good notes but I think it was 1-2 tsp PPO. I did notice a difference in the soap but it was a bad recipe and I ended up tossing it out. Now that I make better soap, I need to try again. I read something about the max amount to use but I forgot how much it was, maybe 15%? I'll have to see if I can locate the info.

EDIT: I found my old post about it, almost as good as notes:)
http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=45646

Last edited:
Thank you!!! I totally forgot about that topic post. I remember it now. I'll have to give it a try in a few weeks. My daughter and grandkids are coming to visit for 3 weeks so no soaping till they leave.

Oh I am interested in it too. I make syndet bars for my hair but maybe combination would be nice for the body ;))

I've done a couple of batches with Cocamidopropyl Betaine. I did see more bubbles in hard water, but I didn't like the overall bar as much. I think it removed some of the superfatted oils that would have remained on my skin while washing. It also remained softer longer... needing an extra day in the mold and wasn't done with cure for an additional two weeks.

Back