Swirling HP Possible?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grayceworks

Reaction score
I've been saving up all the end pieces and trimmings and I just re-batched 2.5lbs of it, along with a bit of goats milk and I noticed that while it was nice and hot in the crockpot, it was about the same consistency as the light trace stuff I used for doing designs using the squeeze-bottles.

Has anyone swirled or done designs with HP besides the layers or spoon-plop stuff? I didn't try it with this pot of re-batch, because I already had plans for it, but I might try it next time and see what happens. :)

This time though, I found FREE molds at kroger! The cheez-it and chips-ahoy little 2oz cups come on little plastic trays of 10. The plastic trays are the same stuff that MP molds are made of, and were nice flower-shaped cavities. When I bought some cheez-it crackers, I snagged that tray, plus 3 empty ones. :) I put a pinch of calendula petals in the bottom of each along with a tiny bit of gold sparkle mica, then carefully ladled the soap in while it was still pourable, before it started to get gloppy.

It was while ladling this glop-less fairly runny stuff that the idea occurred to me. So I figured I'd ask.

Back to waiting for them to cool & set up so I can unmold them. Patience is not a trait I have in abundance. (Think it got crowded out by all the curiosity lol)

I saw a video on youtube of a lady doing a in the pot swirl with HP. I tried it once and my bars looked good.

Back