Swirl Techniques Practice Idea

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sagebrush

Reaction score
This is my first post, so go easy on me guys. :)

So, I love making smoothies (with just fruits and veggies) and I've noticed some pretty cool colors and how they look awesome when I'm blending different colors from several small batches (I have a magic bullet, not a full-sized blender). And I'm also very nervous about trying any swirling techniques on my soap, mostly because I don't want to screw it up and be out the money for a full batch of weird/muddy soap.

So, I got the idea to try out some swirl techniques with my smoothies. I've attached some pictures (hopefully). The first one is kind of a peacock swirl, then I just tried a few things.

Hopefully, this will help others who are also nervous about trying swirls :)

View attachment 6251View attachment 6252View attachment 6253 ImageUploadedBySoap Making1393354426.820904.jpg

That's actually pretty cool. I would have never thought of that.

Way to go! So I guess you could freeze it and slice it, right? Even if the veggies discolored, you could at least see the pattern. Or maybe just use food coloring. By jove, I think you're on to something!

That's deliciously brilliant! This reminds me of the "you know you're a soaper" thread. I think working out that you could do this and doing practice swirls in your juice puts you in the high range. I need to practice a couple of swirls, this is a great idea (plus fruit & veg juice = yum).

Way to go! So I guess you could freeze it and slice it, right? Even if the veggies discolored, you could at least see the pattern. Or maybe just use food coloring. By jove, I think you're on to something!

That's a great idea, CaraBou! I didn't even think of freezing it and slicing it. I think the colors should stay mostly intact if I did that. The possibilities are endless! :)

Oh, they look great! You're a natural at swirling! In the top pic of the last three you posted, I can see a bat in the top right corner and in the bottom right corner, there's a little cat sticking its head and paw out. Do you see it? Cool. :D

Oh, they look great! You're a natural at swirling! In the top pic of the last three you posted, I can see a bat in the top right corner and in the bottom right corner, there's a little cat sticking its head and paw out. Do you see it? Cool. :D

Thanks, Tienne! I see both the bat and the cat...good eye :) That one was my attempt at the peacock swirl.

That's deliciously brilliant! This reminds me of the "you know you're a soaper" thread. I think working out that you could do this and doing practice swirls in your juice puts you in the high range. I need to practice a couple of swirls, this is a great idea (plus fruit & veg juice = yum).

Ha ha! Thanks, Derpina :) I actually recently added to a super-old "you know you're a soaper" thread: http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=3044
It was the only one I could find, and it seems to be lost in the forum. I think it could use some fresh posts :)

Latest posts

Back